Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Barnett2015
Beginner April 2015

Altar ideas for a barn wedding

Barnett2015, 20 of February of 2014 at 11:33 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hello wedding lovers!

I am usually lurker and tend to read on my lunch break and don't usually join in BUT i am getting married April 2015 at East Riddlesdon Hall. Because of the size of OH's family we aren't getting married in the hall itself (30 people maximum! poop ) but in the barn which will look like this...

http://www.boho-weddings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/5-East-Riddlesden-Hall-Wedding-Fair-West-Yorkshire.jpg

(sorry there isn't an actual photo, i'm rubbish at the internetz)

Because our ceremony is in the barn there isn't an altar or a sort of main focal point. Religion is not our thing so i suppose it is more of a vanity issue, i thought it would be nice/look nice to stand in between something. I like the lanterns they use in the photo above but have no idea where i would hire them from. or even buy them at a decent price? and what about those plinths!?

I am not big on the fake flower bridal arches with netting, plus i dont think they will go in the barn as it so lovely. I am going for tonnes of bunting and fairy lights with lots of babys breath in glass vases on tables. it will be fairly simple!

Any creative ideas? Any help would be much appreciated!

9 replies

Latest activity by Fcheeks, 20 of February of 2014 at 17:49
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

You can get those lanterns in lots of places at the moment.

I've seen similar in The Range, QD stores & Home Bargains

Could something like this be an option, with more neutral colours perhaps?

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

Can you not ask the venue about the lanterns in the picture?

Theres loads of ides on google images if you put in barn wedding ideas, just have a browse, mind you, it will then be hard to decide what to have as there is lots that look gorgeous.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Now - this is cheese so you may not like it - I've still not entirely convinced myself I want it ... We are thinking about having a garland above our heads that says 'with our whole hearts, for our whole lives'

similar to one of these:

We have a purgular at our venue which we can't get away with not using, we didn't really want it - what I really wanted, was for the ceremony to be 'in the round' - guests sitting in circles around us with small 'aisles'

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Those lanterns look lovely. Will be really pretty. Try TK Maxx or even ebay if you want to buy them. Not cheap but you can sell them on afterwards. Or ask Riddleston Hall if they can get them for you to hire.

• Barnett2015
    Beginner April 2015
    Barnett2015 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! I love the ribbon background and good idea about asking the venue!

Pammy, we are nearly date twins - i am on the 10th of April 2015 ?

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Woo hoo - and same location too - I'm slightly north but work in Leeds Smiley smile Getting married in Wales though Smiley winking So praying that we won't have horizontal rain, or 6' of snow - both are distinct possibilities Smiley smile

• Barnett2015
    Beginner April 2015
    Barnett2015 ·
    • Hide content

SillyWrong - i have a seller saved on eBay which sells those with that exact picture. i like a bit of cheese!

What do you guys think to tallish topiary trees (the ball ones...!? ) with a bit of bunting inbetween?

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeps .. that image is from ebay! That seller doesn't do personalised ones though, they only sell what's in the picture, so I'm looking for someone who can make one as I want it.

• Barnett2015
    Beginner April 2015
    Barnett2015 ·
    • Hide content

What about this? It's the first thing that came up when i google so there could be cheaper...It's not terribly priced though!

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/lisaangelhomewareandgifts/product/personalised-wooden-father-s-day-garland

• Fcheeks
    Beginner October 2014
    Fcheeks ·
    • Hide content

What about making kind of stands/plinths with stacked up crates? Would go with the rustic feel of the venue and you could maybe weave flowers in and out of the gaps and stand lanterns on top?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics