Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2023 Dorset

Alteration to wedding dress

Carly, 26 of January of 2024 at 11:16 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 2
Hi,

I have found a Stella York wedding dress that I love, however it’s plus size, now I’m on a budget and it is second hand! I am a high street 10 and the dress is a high street 14. Would it be possible to have it altered to my size? Or shall I look for something else? TIA

2 replies

Latest activity by Shay, 30 of January of 2024 at 21:25
  • Leanne
    Savvy June 2024 Staffordshire
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    Seamstresses can alter by 2 sizes I believe. It is also easier to take in rather let out . Bridal wear is usually not true to street size . It’s not unusual to have to get a wedding gown 2 sizes up than your street size clothing . I’m not sure on Stella yorks clothing . Have you looked on the web site for their size chart ? You could then maybe measure yourself with their guides and compare .
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Carly! I am very petite with a wider hip but with long legs. I am a size 10! A 14 fit me on my top and waist but was way too tight on my bum. And I don’t have a bum. Haha. So I got a size 16 to come down. Again it depends on your frame. Another dress I tried at a size 14 didn’t even look at me and then others were too big. So it all depends. I know this doesn’t help but something to consider.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics