Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Saphireangel
Savvy June 2022 South East London

Alterations services recommendations

Saphireangel, 23 of February of 2022 at 16:54 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 6

Hi ladies,

Does anyone have a good seamstress who does bridal gown alterations around the Purley, Croydon area?

I'm having a bit of a meltdown at the moment trying to find a good seamstress that someone's used before.

There's a few results on Google, but I'm very anxious about sending my dresses to someone on the internet. Probably just my increasing anxiety speaking here, but yea, just really nervous.

Help?

6 replies

Latest activity by Saphireangel, 24 of February of 2022 at 15:12
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    Look up Sew Sew fine (I forget the lady’s name) she’s based in Hamsey Green/Sanderstead if I remember correctly. You should find her on FB
  • Saphireangel
    Saphireangel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, I actually have rang her and she said she doesn't do wedding dress alterations much these days.

• Hannah
    Dedicated April 2022 Shropshire
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm based in Tooting, so not too far, and have a wonderful seamstress who I used for everyday clothing and is also doing my wedding dress. Feel free to drop me a message if you're interested and I can send you her number Smiley smile

• Saphireangel
    Saphireangel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooo. where is your seamstress based? Are her prices reasonable?

• Hannah
    Dedicated April 2022 Shropshire
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content

Hi Angeline,

She's based between Tooting Broadway and Tooting Bec so very accessible. I don't think she has a website, but I can give you her number. She's absolutely lovely.

I'd say her prices are very reasonable. I think she's charging under £100 to take my dress up slightly and add a wrist loop and some pearls. I don't have the final number yet. But she's pretty much changed a whole dress for me before (not a wedding dress) and that cost around £25 and the results were incredible.

Let me know if you'd like her number.

• Saphireangel
    Saphireangel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is a bit tricky to get to her from Purley. But could you send me a number please? I DM'ed you.

Thanks so much Hannah.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics