Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner March 2013

Altering bridesmaid dresses?

lumc86, 7 August, 2012 at 10:00 Posted on Planning 0 3

So, I found some bargain bridesmaid dresses on M&S online in the sale - reduced from £100 to £29!! So I bought a couple - and I must admit I do quite like them. Only issue is, they do not quite properly fit, so will need altering (probably just taking in a little for both). I'm hoping this would be relatively simple and so relatively cheap.

Is it quite normal to have to have bridesmaid dresses altered?

I'm jsut worried that part of the reason I love these so much is because they were such a bargain, but i'm going to have to end up paying out quite a bit to get them altered!

This is the dress http://www.marksandspencer.com/Strapless-Prom-Dress-Sash-Belt/dp/B003J3N02U?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=02KZ24YZE22X73HSDR5W&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=3901&pf_rd_i=1000&pf_rd_p=213138347&pf_rd_s=left-1

Can anyone guestimate a price just to have them taken in a bit?

3 replies

Latest activity by Nik_Nak, 7 August, 2012 at 11:31
  • Jules73
    Beginner August 2012
    Jules73 ·
    • Hide content

I have a lovely lady who runs a local bridal shop altering my ex sample wedding dress so whilst in there sorting my dress out I asked if she could possibly take up my MoH dress too. She's only taking it up and it's costing £20. I'm also having a loose sleeve altered on my hen do dress at a local seamstress shop and that's costing £10. Sorry can't help with how much it will cost to have the dresses taken in but just thought that this might give you an idea.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Perfectly normal to have them altered. Find a local seamstress and get a quote.

Nice dresses.

• Nik_Nak
    Beginner September 2011
    Nik_Nak ·
    • Hide content

I had to get one bridesmaid dress altered (strapless satin dress, above the knee, pencil skirt) because my bridesmaid lost quite a bit of weight in the run up and it cost £20 to get it taken in by one size. Recently, I've had an evening dress altered and taken in by 2 inches around the bust area (all adjusted around the zip) and that cost £15. As mentioned, ask on Facebook or even ask at your local dry cleaners because some have on site alterations.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics