Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner May 2017

Altering neckline of dress?

PengAly, 2 of September of 2016 at 11:27 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi everyone!

I have found THE DRESS (Yaaay!) I got if "off the peg" from Wed2B so I took it home that same day but wedding isn't until May 2017 so it is safety being stored in the bag until I get it altered. I'm wanting to know people's opinion on me possibly getting the neckline Altered- its an illusion but not sure if I fully love how high up it goes so was hoping to make it into a V-shape neckline. Does anyone think it's possible? Pictures below, I just wanted to show everyone the back but it's only the front neckline i'm looking to alter lol:

5 replies

Latest activity by PengAly, 2 of September of 2016 at 19:18
  • L
    Beginner June 2018
    Lilacbouquet ·
    • Hide content

The detailing is very pretty on the top!

I have been told when I've gone for fittings that necklines can be amended if you don't like them. I would recommend getting a professional wedding dress alteration person to do it as they may be able to go round the flowers and make it nice and invisible, and they would of had plenty of experience in wedding dress alterations. Could you ask the shop where you got it from who they would recommend?

The back looks lovely at the neckline with the buttons so I wouldn't think it would be too costly either and the back should hold the shape of the dress still.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Wow that dress is gorgeous with or without the neck altered. I love it. And wed2b too so didn't break the bank. Good choice. ?

• P
    Beginner May 2017
    PengAly ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone for your feedback. It isn't the type of dress I thought i'd get so was quite surprised when it turned out to be "the one" but Mum and my sister loved it on me and i feel positive about it!

The thing with the neckline is (this may sound odd) but because i'm of Indian descent, I have a slightly dark complexion so the sheer fabric shows on my skin which is perfectly fine but for some reason I just think that top boarder of the neckline is too high. The dress needs to be taken up anyways as they make these dresses for super tall women and i'm a short girl haha so I will probably ask about it then but just wondered what everyone thought really. i do worry about if I get the end up getting the neckline altered and don't like it but I suppose I will try the dress on again closer to next year and then decide. Please though feel free to continue to give thoughts and opinions ?

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

What a beautiful dress! Personally I'd be wary of changing the neckline due to the material - but a professional seamstress will be able to sort it I'm sure Smiley smile Either way it's stunning. Agree with the length of Wed2B dresses - I felt shorter than usual in there haha xx

• P
    Beginner May 2017
    PengAly ·
    • Hide content

Yes well im a sad 5ft 2 so ALL dresses i tried were super long! Hope they can take this one up easily. Id like to hope the neckline would just be a case if cutting the fabric and then sewing up the edges but again guess its a risk if i end up not liking it :/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics