Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

YorkBride2021
Beginner September 2021 North Yorkshire

Alternate/Quirky Wedding Entertainment Ideas NEEDED

YorkBride2021, 3 of June of 2020 at 16:51 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on here so hoping you kind people can help!

I have been researching ideas for entertainment for the day/evening and all my searches end with photo booths, magicians, singing waiter, caricatures etc. And I'm just not feeling it! I want something that's unusual, quirky, fun and I'm out of ideas! We have an indoor and outdoor venue but I'm petrified if the weather's rubbish, I need to have something that's indoor just to be on the safe side.

Xx

4 replies

Latest activity by HappyPinkHair15172, 4 of July of 2020 at 16:43
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

WE are having a bit of indoor and outdoor, too! Our ceremony and reception venues are totally different, and at opposite ends of the city.

Our ceremony venue is a National Trust property, so we are having crocquet on the lawn during the drinks and photos. Our magician is joining us when we get to the reception venue to entertain our guests during photos and then for mingling round the tables and again with our evening guests.

I've been making wedding speech bingo cards and some table quizes to get people talking and engaging with each other before and during the breakfast.

For the evening do, I have also been buying games from charity shops so that anyone who wants a bit of a chill out can go to the balcony (indoors) for a bit of fun if they don't want to dance.

I went to a wedding fair back in January and we looked at a Glitter bar for the evening - they wanted £300 for two staff for two hours. On enquiring, they happily informed me that if I wanted Bio Glitter it would be an extra £60! Needless to say, I have sourced all the materials for less than £40, and our guests can help themselves.

I think that should be enough to keep people interested, after all, it's a wedding, and ultimately, people will be just enjoying the experience of that!

Hope this helps and maybe gives you a little bit of inspiration.

Ali xx

• MarkYourOccasion
    MarkYourOccasion ·
    • Hide content

Hi, HappyGreenConfetti! Cool name!

Some interesting ideas here. One thing stuck out to me when I first read your message: have you considered doing a "Mr and Mrs" style 'gameshow' at some point during the day? It wouldn't necessarily need to be the happy couple taking part, but it would be fun to see their parents go head-to-head against each other, or perhaps their couple friends or other family couples that are present.

I've actually run and organised an event like this in the past, and as a Celebrant and Entertainer, it would definitely be something that, should you require any sort of 'external help', I'd be willing to provide that service. I actually offer a load of packages: as a celebrant, I can deliver your ceremony, and as an Entertainer I can also offer any sort of live music/hosting that you require for the reception.

Could be pretty fun!

Get in touch if you fancy learning a bit more.

Good luck with the rest of your planning!

Have a great day,

Mark

• S
    Beginner July 2021
    SunnyRedCakes91622 ·
    • Hide content

How about garden games for the outside?

• S
    Beginner July 2021
    SunnyRedCakes91622 ·
    • Hide content

• Jenga, Connect Four, Ring Toss, Croquet, Giant Dice, Drinking games?
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there (again!)

I don't know whereabouts in the country you are, but Home Bargains do a range of games which can be played in or out doors at very reasonable prices.

I picked up a Tin Can Alley game for my neice's birthday I paid about £7. They also had giant Jenga and giant bubble wands.

If you are creative, you could easily make a skittles game with old pop bottles etc.

I work as a Primary school Teaching Assistant, I find the Activity Village website has lots of good ideas, and it's free to use.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics