Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner

Alternative chair covers?

claiireee, 17 January, 2012 at 17:58 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi,

Our venue is providing chairs for the ceremony, and I don't think they need covering (they're blue, so match our colours) and we're moving to a marquee for the reception so don't want to spend lots covering them. Having said that, I'd like something on them to take away from the "conference" chair look. Does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking about buying some organza and just doing a bow, but a while ago I saw some ties that looked elastic with a flower on, but I can't seem to find where to buy them. I'm starting to think I made it up!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Smiley smile

3 replies

Latest activity by claiireee, 17 January, 2012 at 20:31
  • *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Tying organza alone would look lovely on nice chair. Maybe try tying it differently compared to the normal bow.

I went to a wedding once where they had tied a rose to each chair. That looked lovely too, but I'm not sure it would be any cheaper than chair covers.

We will have nice chairs so aren't going to bother at all. Once everything else is decorated I'm sure it will look lovely so don't stress too much.

• C
    Beginner
    claiireee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. I like the idea of flowers, but you're right it probably would be just, if not more expnsive! Maybe we could tie one at the end of the aisles...? To be honest, we're not sure we need them. I think we need to go back to the venue. Like you said, once it's all decorated we probably won't need anything! I don't want to go OTT, especiaslly as they'll only be used for about half an hour!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Yes they had tied the roses to the chairs at the end of the aisles. Sorry I'm being a dunce!

Going back to the venue to have a look sounds a good idea, take some photos too to see how photogenic the chairs are. Sometimes things look much better in pictures for come reason.

And if they look hideous then you will know to look for chair covers!

• C
    Beginner
    claiireee ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like a good plan Smiley smile Thanks for your replies!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics