Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Snyffa
Beginner October 2013

Alternative Mens wear.

Snyffa, 1 of May of 2013 at 18:36 Posted on Planning 0 5

You may or may not have gathered depending on if youve read my other posts, I am not having a traditional wedding. For this reason we cannot just go to a suit hire place and have a rentable outfit as it wont fit in with the style of the wedding. Does anyone know of anyway online that does more alternative mens wear. We would be looking for a more steampunk ish look

or perhaps something like the picture below but more edgy............

Anyone any idea?

x

5 replies

Latest activity by Snyffa, 2 of May of 2013 at 06:53
  • Jojopug
    Beginner October 2014
    Jojopug ·
    • Hide content

Hey Snyffa,

Kudos on the alt wedding! We went to our friends in october last year and my h2b got his waistcoat from http://www.kinkyangel.co.uk if thats any help.

Ive also been told theres a company called clockwork couture in america which might be worth a look, apparently the exchange rate is pretty good at the moment!

Hope that helps Smiley smile

• Snyffa
    Beginner October 2013
    Snyffa ·
    • Hide content

O000o that kinky angel page is dangerous, reminds me how much i loved my clothes back when i was a young whipper snapper Smiley sad Less gothy and more grumpy mum these days Smiley sad boo!

• Jojopug
    Beginner October 2014
    Jojopug ·
    • Hide content

Ah i see, more of a "nod" to rather than full on, thats a toughy, though i do think the second one is really nice and you could always accessorise it up.

Naturally my obsessive side couldn't help looking further, thought i'd share this link purely because the model looks horrendously awkward and it made me chuckle! :o)

http://www.devilinspired.co.uk/16-men-s-gothic-clothing

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

Could you take a day trip to Camden? (You'll need an entire day) Darkside clothing had some gorgeous female steampunk clothing last time I went. But there is loads of shops and stalls selling all sorts of goodies Smiley laugh

I miss and love my old goth style but I'm the same as you - grumpy mum now! Smiley sad I had everything, the dread falls, new rocks, platforms - everything and now I'm in stretchy waist trousers and 'comfy' tops - BOO! lol

Anyway, it depends how steampunk/goth you wanna go. I found this one but it's an american site https://www.historicalemporium.com But if you have a 'vintage' shop near you, you might find some gems in there?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I would say these clothes do not appear to different to what you can pick up on the high street just with accessories which could also pick up on the high street.

I don't know where about's in the Country you are but London is full of 'alternative' type clothing/accessories particularly in the Camden market area.

• Snyffa
    Beginner October 2013
    Snyffa ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies, Gosh a trip to camden would be lovely, But i couldn't be away from my boobie fiends that long, and it would be a nightmare with them. Hmmm i was looking at the more "mainstream" brands like criminal damage etc, but as i'm now Mrs frump i'm a lot less knowledgeable about where to locate online such items haha!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics