Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Random Name

Alternative to bridesmaids bouquets

Random Name, 6 April, 2011 at 20:17 Posted on Planning 0 14

Is anyone not having bouquets for their bridesmaids? If so what are you having as an alternative?

I am considering corsages or something. It may sound tight but I'm not really a flowers kinda girl so begrude paying out for bouquets that will die and wilt in the weather. I would rather buy them all matching clutch bags or something. At least then I know it's something that they can keep and use again.

Is anyone else doing anything "differnet"?

14 replies

Latest activity by Panjita, 7 April, 2011 at 16:32
  • Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

Mine are having a wrist corsage and I'm making them a 'button pomander' - a twist on a normal pomander - and have made them into bags so they can put stuff in them.

Here's a flash of one of them I've made:

• L
    Beginner
    LJO ·
    • Hide content

I'm having these with oasis in the middle and flower heads all stuck in them! Cute flowery handbags lol I like them anyway......LOL

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids are having rose wrist corsages on pearl bracelets. The bouquets I wanted for them were £45 each and I just couldn't afford it so the corsages were better at £25 each and they look lovely, h2b assumed they were going to be more expensive than the bouquets when I first suggested them.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine wrist corsages so they can have their hands free all day and they can keep the corsages (made of artificial flowers). I'm also on the hunt for cheap-as-possible navy blue clutch bags, but preferably the type with an optional strap so they can wear them in the evening if they want.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You could have a corsage attached to the clutch bags. A wrist corsage is more modern & cheaper alternative, they can wear them right through to the evening & even after the wedding.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all. Have been looking on google and like the look of fans, parasols or clutch bags

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Yep, mine are having wrist corsages and then am thinking of getting them a little clutch bag also x

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

My friend's bridesmaids had clutch bags and I actually didn't notice the lack of flowers until I posted a pic on here and someone pointed it out. It's def a good way to save a bit of dosh if flowers aren't important to you.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

My adult maids are having wrist corsages and clutch bags too, ,

xx

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all. Think I'm gonna ask them which they'd prefer. If it's bags, hopefully I'll find them im in somewhere like new look or topshop (where I can use my nus discount) will have to wait till about Dec/Jan when I have ordered the BM dresses.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

I have seen these style bags. All under £20. I think the red one may be "too much" as their dresses are red. I am going for a maxi style with a one shoulder strap and it has a flower thing on it.

What's your view ladies? Think my favourite is number 3

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content

They look brilliant - where did you get them from?

S

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hiya

I was playing around with Google. These are the links

http://fusionaccessories.co.uk/products_new.php

http://www.prettycool.co.uk/red-rose-covered-clutch-bag-16281-p.asp

http://www.prettycool.co.uk/large-silver-lurex-soft-clutch-bag-with-bow-and-crystals-16129-p.asp

http://www.sachablack.com/evening-bags/silver-satin-clutch-bag-with-long-chain.html

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

Mine are having wrist corsages too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics