Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner April 2018

Alternative to photobooth and the standard wedding props

RomanticBlueCakes716, 21 of January of 2017 at 10:32 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi all, I really don't want to have a photobooth at my wedding as every wedding recently has the photobooth, the led dance floor, the led letters and the fairylight backdrop. I'm not having any of these because I don't want my wedding to look the same as all the others! What I'm struggling with is what to do in place of all these things. Does anyone have any inspiration to share?

12 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveGoldBridesmaid894, 2 of September of 2018 at 14:52
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

What about pom poms for decoration

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    LuxuriousOrangeStationery624 ·
    • Hide content

I have heard some people discuss bespoke wedding Snapchat filters... I sound all down with the kids but I don't really know what they are. Only the countless photos that my cousins post of them pouting with dog ears & noses on their face.

I am with you though and not going for the LED letters, dancefloor etc. Hoping that less will be more in our venue as it's so pretty and warm on its own.

We are looking into a videographer to get drunken video messages from all of our guests but is hard to find one just to come for the evening at a reasonable price.

• P
    Beginner September 2017
    PrincessElBeth ·
    • Hide content

As the photo booth is entertainment - what about a wandering magician or caricaturist?

If its venue decoration - you could search pinterest or ask your florist ( they supply more than flowers)

Good luck

• thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We have seen LOTS of photobooths.... and whilst still popular they do have the disadvantage of only being able to deal with 3 or 4 guests at one time. This means you have lots of people queuing when they should be partying!

If you want to be different then I would highly recommend having a dancefloor dress up case or corner! At every wedding that has had one it leads to fantastic guest interaction, laughs and most importantly guests aren't lining up waiting to have a picture taken. You could also put a Polaroid or selfie camera right by it too!

Happy planning!

James

The Spectrum.

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

I love the pom poms! Also love the video idea of getting people to film messages, could just leave a camera on the guest book table, or assign the groomsman to bring it round to encourage people to film messages. The props idea is a good one too.

• BrideintheToon
    Beginner September 2017
    BrideintheToon ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine went to a wedding with a Moon Booth, so still a photo booth but the pictures looked really vintagey and different

http://www.moonbooth.co.uk/moon-booth

It's not cheap though. I think we might just put some props on a table and people can do it DIY style.

Initially I was against having all the same things as everyone else but I'm feeling a bit tempted for the letters now as they go so well with our industrial type venue. I agree about the dance floors and fairy light backdrops though and too much of that kind of thing can veer towards looking a bit OTT

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

We were at a wedding fair at Selsdon Park in Surrey today with this slightly different photobooth set up inside one of our VW Campers - which puts a twist on the typical concept...

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

As others have said they now do some more bespoke style photobooths that are a lot better than the standard ones that wouldn't look out of place in a post office!

We're having a 'rustic' photo booth (http://www.boxphotobooths.co.uk/the-rustic-garden) which can fit up to 6 people and matches the aesthetic of our venue better. I also went to a summer ball recently that had a taxi photobooth which was really fun!

Some things I've seen at events (all of which I'd have loved but couldn't make room in the budget for):

Circus skills/tricks - Diablo, hoops, balance boards, juggaling etc

Old timey games - hook a duck, coconut shy, skittles etc

'face in hole boards' - I found someone who would paint a bespoke one for you

Silent disco - fun but not very social

Fairground rides - Our venue would have allowed us to have dodgems/carousel/etc but I was worried about weather.

For decor ideas pinterest is great or wedding mags tend to have the latest trends. Or think about something that is relevant to you as a couple. Tho do be careful to pcik something in keeping with your venue!

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

Some brilliant ideas here! I've not seen any local vendors doing this type of thing though (I'm in northern Ireland) I think anything we do will have to be a DIY job, and given how uncreative I am, the ideas will have to be simple!

• M
    Beginner September 2017
    MrsR2Be ·
    • Hide content

I am in NI as well and I am having a selfie mirror - like a photo booth but a bit different.

Love them as even as a guest I know I love photos Smiley smile

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

If you can afford if/need some inspiration check out https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/PaperMoonShoppeCo?ref=l2-shopheader-name I was looking at one of these before going for a manned photobooth. Although the benefit of these is that you could resell it after use!

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

The selfie mirror is brilliant! I have considered it.. I just want something that makes people go 'wow that's brilliant!'

• E
    ExpensiveGoldBridesmaid894 ·
    • Hide content

Incredibly, this is the best I've seen in the last six months! So many ideas for wedding photos, but as little original as yours, thank you! And I also really love these sets http://fixthephoto.com/free-wedding-invitation-templates

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics