Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner November 2024 Essex

Alternative to Weddings

Olivia, 3 of January of 2024 at 13:05 Posted on Planning 0
I am at a loss for what I want to do to celebrate my marriage. I don’t want anything big. The idea of a party or anything like that I feel like I’m doing for other people, not me. I’d be on edge the entire time and caring about if other people are okay. I’ve even told myself I’d be delegating all the stressful roles to certain people, but I know that I will still end up playing host and I don’t really want to do that. The current date I have booked in for the ceremony is November 1st 2024, however due to my choices this day is flexible. I have also got a family member’s restaurant provisionally booked for that night for a party as this was my original plan.

The ceremony I have two choices for that I would choose from: 1. Just me and my partner at the registry office 2. Our closest family at the ceremony with us
The reception I’ve so far come up with these ideas but none feel right:1. Evening celebration/party with friends and family 2. Weekend abroad (I have a son that I personally wouldn’t want to leave more than a few nights)3. Weekend away in the UK4. Intimate sit down dinner with select family members

My partner isn’t much help with this as he just will agree with whatever I say (he’s trying to be nice but that’s not helpful when I’m stressed lol).
In my heart I know it has to be this year that we get married but I can’t decide what I want to do.
I feel bad if I don’t include our parents, our children and close family. And I have good relationships with them all and wouldn’t want them to miss out. But the idea of hosting something is just not what I want.
It seems like mission impossible right now. I want something with family but I don’t. I want something little but I don’t. I don’t know what to do. Any advice?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics