Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2024 Merseyside

Alternative wedding ideas

Jemma, 31 of August of 2022 at 13:22 Posted on Planning 0 1
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me with some alternative wedding ideas. Basically loads of our friends are getting/ have got married recently and now we are planning our own wedding but I am sick of the traditional 3 course sit down meal with meat and veg.
We still want a seating plan and everyone sat down but I am super fussy with food and hate all the options venues are giving us. I literally want pizza and pasta but it’s proving hard to find a venue willing to do that. Also everything costs SO much, I’m not spending 15k on a venue where I won’t even enjoy the food. We have found some that offer bbqs or afternoon teas but afternoon tea wouldn’t be substantial enough and my fiancés sister did a bbq so feels like we’d be copying them.
Please can you help with ideas for either alternative meal options or just any non traditional wedding venue in the north west? Any help us much appreciated!!

1 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 1 of September of 2022 at 14:56
  • Sarah
    Dedicated October 2022 Swansea
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Not based in the North West so can't recommend specific suppliers but it sounds like you might want to consider hiring a space where you can self cater and have a van onsite? You could then consider doing a self-catered pasta based spread after the ceremony and source a great pizza van for later? It may work out cheaper, ensure you get food you really like, and make it more personal and different to what you have attended recently. Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics