Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner September 2017

Alternatives to chair sashes!

HappyYellowDiamonds675, 27 of July of 2017 at 21:15 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi!! I'm in need of help please!

I'm looking for some ideas on how to decorate my chair at the reception. I havent got a large budget either.

My reception is a small traditional pub with all the beams etc it is beautiful. My theme is rustic and I have looked into hessian bows but simply cannot afford them as I have 60-80 chairs to cover!

Any help is welcome, thank you!

2 replies

Latest activity by Bacchant, 1 of August of 2017 at 11:17
  • H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Buy a bulk roll of lace and make your own sashes?

Some people hang those wicker heart things on the back of chairs?

Or maybe some bunting or garlands?

• F
    Savvy July 2018
    FutureMrsT123 ·
    • Hide content

I've seen ribbons on the backs of chairs too which can look really pretty - pretty cheap too.

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

Can you buy a load of hessian/fabric wholesale and cut them yourself? The wicker hearts are good idea too, you can normally scoop them up cheap (I've seen some in poundland in their garden section). Also will you or the venue put them out? I had to set them up once when I was a waitress and it took ages, even with loads of us - they also didn't look great as we didn't tie them right (the bride kicked off saying the venue was putting them out, there was no record of this, so the wait staff got drafted in to keep her happy).

Although if it's a nice old pub, do you need the chair sashes? People are unlikely to notice them if they aren't there, and they are a faff to put out if you've not done them before!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics