Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ellenlouiserobson
Beginner August 2012

Am I being a bridezilla?

ellenlouiserobson, 7 February, 2012 at 19:25

Posted on Planning 38

Okay so I'm going to take a deep breath before writing this! **DEEP BREATH** So, I have 6 bridesmaids. Yes I'm a little mad but I have two female best friends, my sister, her two children and my partners cousin. All of my bridesmaids have different personalities, styles etc but most are conforming...

Okay so I'm going to take a deep breath before writing this!

**DEEP BREATH**

So, I have 6 bridesmaids. Yes I'm a little mad but I have two female best friends, my sister, her two children and my partners cousin.
All of my bridesmaids have different personalities, styles etc but most are conforming to what I want them to wear / dress like Apart from one!

1) She refuses to use the stylist and make up artist we are all using to do her hair / makeup. Says she doesn't want anyone else touching her hair or doing her make up.

2) She has just dyed her hair BRIGHT RED. I'm talking about Ronald McDonald red, and she refuses to change it, even temporarily for the wedding.

There is 200 days left to my wedding, my colour scheme is dark purple. Purple and red ?! Another one of my bridesmaids has a similar shade of red and text me saying she is going to put a semi permanent brown on her hair for the wedding.

3) Everyone BAR her absolutely adore the bridesmaid dresses I have picked, all she has to say about them is they make people look fat ( Empire line dresses too by the way) and two of my bridesmaids are a size 8.

Am I over reacting? Should I let her get on with it ? Surely it's a bit of give and take but so far I feel like she is only taking.

38 replies

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Venart. Fair enough dictate on the dress, but if she feels uncomfortable with her make up a certain way then thats fair enough. Not everyone likes having their make up done by other people. If shes being awkward for the sake of it then have a word, but it might just seem that way to you as its your wedding.

I think asking someone to dye their hair is very bridezilla-ish I'm afraid!

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS. You should appreciate your friend for who she is. Why should a wedding be a sombre colour matching affair? As long as you are surrounding by happy friends and family, surely that's all that matters. I don't see why her hair colour, style and make up should ruin your day????

Even on the dress front, I think she is allowed to express her opinion but if that's what you decide then she should go along with it.

• NewYearRose
    Beginner December 2012
    NewYearRose ·
    • Hide content

You are and you aren't.

With regards to the dress, if you're paying for them, then she should accept what you've chosen. She did agree to be BM after all.

However, you have no right to dictate what she can and cannot do with her hair, and as others have rightly said, you knew her personal sense of style when you asked her.

When of my BMs is a real 'rock chick', and her hair is always dyed black with streaks of another colour (currently hot pink), and she said to me, "don't worry, I'll dye it a sensible colour for the wedding." I told her, "don't be silly, I asked you because you're you, and I want you to be YOU on the day."

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

I know I am repeating what most people say.......but I'm going to all the same. I've read quite alot of posts on here along these lines and I just think it's all a bit over the top.

Surely you ask people to be bridesmaid/flower girl/best man/usher etc etc because you love them and want them to share in your special day? That should be the end of it - their hair colour is wrong, their shoes don't match etc etc - it's not important!

Or maybe I'm just a bit too un-bridezilla?! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics