Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner June 2026 Surrey

Am i overthinking on how much to feed the guests?

Emily, 11 of February of 2024 at 18:38 Posted on Planning 0 4
So I’m planning for my August 2026 wedding. Registry office with 4 witnesses and then a big party reception. The big part of the day is the reception and that’s where I think(?) I’m overthinking. Was timing for 5pm til (venue is licensed til 2am). Food wise we want food trucks; fish and chips and a hog roast and an ice cream van for pudding (hiring time 6pm-9pm) so everyone would have eaten around that time.
Should I then be putting out more food (small buffet style) around 9:30-10pm ish?
If people are drinking will I need more food around that time? Not eating from 6pm - 12am is a long time in my opinion (we are a family of eaters) would you put out more food around that time or make do with just the food trucks?

4 replies

Latest activity by A&K, 17 of February of 2024 at 14:09
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    The 3x food trucks 6-9pm sounds perfect to me. I wouldn’t worry about people more than that.
    If you think people would rather a snack later though, why don’t you stagger the trucks instead? Do the fish & chips/hog roast 6-8pm, then the ice cream truck 8:30-10:30pm or something? Then people will feel like they’ve been fed twice, and it’s cost you the same.
  • Ava
    Beginner December 2024 Lincolnshire
    Ava ·
    • Hide content

I think having some light buffet-style snacks around 9:30-10pm would be a great idea, especially if folks are drinking and might get a bit peckish later in the evening. Better to have a bit too much food than not enough.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Is it just the icecream van that's available 6-9 or the other food?

Six hours is too long to go without food (or with only icecream), but if savoury food is available until 9, then I don't think you need anything else after.

• A
    Beginner August 2025 West Midlands
    A&K ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That makes more sense, if you can stagger the food trucks that could work? We're doing a fish and chip van in the day, with ice cream for pud, then pizzas in the evening.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics