Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

PS
Beginner October 2024 Co Down

Am i required to ask guests to meal...?

PS, 4 of September of 2024 at 08:59 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 1

Long story short. We originally planned to get married with only two of us, no family and friends at all. But last time when I was chatting with my co-worker, she said she would like to come. And just to be nice, I said she could come and witness us. It seems that she's going to bring her friend (I know that friend as well) with her as well.

We're getting the registration done in the office earlier morning. Just registration with no party or reception. My husband-to-be and I have booked a photographer to take photos for two of us after the registration. My question is, how are we going to deal with this situation? As no family member of ours is attending, we just want to keep our meal private to two of us plus my partner doesn't know them well...

How should I communicate this to them in case they are expecting something? Or am I required to ask and pay for their meals?

Thank you so much!

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 11 of September of 2024 at 21:46
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

The best thing to do is to be up front about it - stress that it's just the basic ceremony, no reception and it will be over in a few minutes. You don't need to include them in the meal, you just need to make sure they know what they are coming to.

Some people just love going to weddings - I know an old lady who used to turn up to every wedding in her local church, whether or not she had any idea who the couple were, because she just loved weddings so much! Maybe your co-worker is one of these people. You've got to have two people as witnesses anyway, so at least this way, it takes the stress out of finding them and as a bonus, your witnesses are folk who are actually excited to be there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics