Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner September 2019

Am I the *** and what should I do...

Halfmoon19, 19 of May of 2019 at 19:32 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0

Hi All,

I am going to give you as much context as possible so

So I went to a wedding a while back and I got kicked out, along with my Fiancé (he was the best man).

I was very very drunk and I cannot remember why I got kicked out, but tbh I didn't wanna be there anyway. I went to support my other half.

Now I'd like to say before hand, neither myself or my fiancé think that the bride and the groom belong together. The groom has openly admitted that the bride has drunkly punched him before, giving him a black eye.

In addition, she also almost beat me up when she was drunk. Our boyfriends were play fighting and she decided to get involved by punching my other half in the private region, it really really hurt him. She never apologised and I wasn't happy with that so whilst she was upstairs I was talking to her other about it... She came down and told me to *** off out of her house and her boyfriend had to grab her arms before her lunge forward towards me met with my face.

For the sake of the boys, I shrugged it off. A week later I was dropping my boyfriend off at his best mates as the bride had a hen do and he didn't want to look after their twins alone (they have twins and all of their friends dropped off of the face of the earth, we were the only ones who stayed to remind them that they were not just parents).

Needless to say a year later when I went on a hendo and my other half was alone, he didn't repay the favour in kind, I did let him know before hand and he had time off that day.

I'd also like to point out that she was his rebound, he had been in a relationship, to be married and he ended it because he wasn't sure at the time. He then regretted it and wanted her back and he kissed his now wife before and they always flirted, he knew she fancied him so he took it. Fast forward to the time when I was there when the groom cheated on her two months into their relationship, he cried about it but a few months later he was tired of the relationship and wanted to dump her. She then miracolosly got pregnant on the pill, with twins.. So he was basically trapped. He proposed a few months later and they were on their way to getting married. So they're now basically only together for the kids. If they didn't have them they would not be together.

The next step, planning the stag do... My other half wanted to plan his stag do as the best man. He tried but the brides dad was paying for the entire 20k wedding so his try was met with silence from the rest of the brides family and the grooms dad. He then tried to plan a friends stag do, because He wasn't invited on the main stag do and his friend said nothing. No dates were given by him after several attempts to try and in the end my fiancé just said I give up.

Then comes the suit fitting. My mum had gotten into a mini car accident on the day and I wanted my SO to be there for me and obviously his future MIL. The groom said that it was really inconvienient timing as the whole groom party was going along. The brides family are insufferable to the point where if they don't like you, like they didn't like the best man or me, you're treated with disdain and fake politeness. My fiancé felt like he had let him down so he ended up attending anyway. I wasn't happy at all.

Now I know a wedding is about the bride and the groom but I spent the entire day miserable, maybe I shouldn't haven't have talked about them behind their backs to the bar tenders but I had a few too much to drink. I even tried to insert myself on to the dance floor and play nice with everyone... I felt like a sore thumb. I had to ask to dance because I felt like of I didn't it'd be classed as rude as their entire family was there.

I took along my polaroid camera and even tried to play nice by handing over a polaroid of the bride and groom over to them so they had something to keep there and then on their wedding day. I was told by the groom who was being sincere thank you and the bride faked a smile.

The mum and the dad of the bride spoke to me through gritted teeth and fake smiles. The grooms family walked around like bouncers or the mafia.

My other half and I spent the whole day arguing and he left me to deal with myself.

So the bride walked up to me and again I don't know why, I cannot remember and said you need to *** leave now. Then the entire birdies family did. My other half did not believe me and didn't support me. Again he has not supported me before on me for his friend because it was his best friend. Them the groom chucked him out and the event planner denied him the right to get his phone.

This really hurt my other half, being kicked out and not supported as he has always done nothing but support his friend.

He now hates his ex best friend and he is no longer our best man for our wedding. We've blocked everyone associated with their family on all social media accounts.

But there's still a bit of me that feels bad because he no longer has a best friend. He doesn't care because he has had it, being kicked out of his best friend's wedding was the last straw. There is still a bit of me that wishes he would leave his wife, still be their for his kids and be a good dad but he won't because her dad scares him and is intimidating (he has admitted that)

So, yes I do feel bad for it happening on their wedding day but what would you feel like after reading everything?

I hate being disliked so I think that's playing on my mind. What would you do?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics