Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Saracroft251
Beginner August 2010

Am i the worst most disorganised Bride 2 be ever?

Saracroft251, 4 August, 2009 at 19:19 Posted on Planning 0 35

I am having dress wobbles ( I have bought my dress)

I am having flower nightmares, think along the lines of "cant choose, cos I havent a clue and every time I open a magazine I see something else that makes me go OHHHH AHHHHHHH and I'd like that"

We cant decide on a colour theme because of the above problem

We cant decide on a honeymoon

We cant decide on a guest list - we are aiming for 60 adults and approx 8 children - but the list changes so often - I cant keep up anymore, we should be sending the Save the dates this weekend and we are no where near ready to send!

I havent really thought about invitation designs - not a clue, not a scooby do in sight.....

I have no idea about music that we'd like playing for the ceremony/reception....no idea!

I still don't know what style of wedding we would like...country/modern?

? Everyone keeps asking me questions about the wedding and I just dont have the answers....part of me just cannot get excited about it yet as its a year away - the other part of me knows just how indecisive I am and is too scared to make a decision?

Does/did anyone else feel like this at any point? I have been waiting for the inner bridezilla to kick in and take control of the planning, but I am still waiting and she is showing no sign of appearing anytime now!

35 replies

Latest activity by Saracroft251, 5 August, 2009 at 21:52
  • shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

Hey dont worry about it.... we are october 2010 and ALL i have booked is venue florist and tog.

I am way too indecisive to have some of the other things organised, i know i will change my mind and trends will change and new things will appear in the shops and magazines and i will regret having organised something.

I am not going to buy/book anything else until the 9 month mark...that way theres not enough time to change my mind on things and ill HAVE to keep them

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

(in a very small, child like voice) "really..... really really.....- you are not just saying that for my sanity?"

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

really truely thats all i hvae organised and all i plan on organising for a long while yet.

It freaks me out looking at the 2010 planning threads and how bloody organised some of the girls are on there so i dont look any more!

some of them are so organised they could get married tommorrow but i hear alot of them say they are having wobbles about certain things and i dont want that hense my lack of organisation.

you can be the disorganised/chilled out chick with me

x

• Little.Miss-Scatterbrain
    Beginner September 2009
    Little.Miss-Scatterbrain ·
    • Hide content

Sorry sara but i think i win that crown! I get married 4wks on sat and all i had done up until 2 weeks ago was have my dress, booked the venues, florist and the photographer. chosen my bridesmaids dress and found a minister although now he seems to have done a bunk!

xx

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is EXACTLY how I feel...the wobbles about my dress are horrendous enough as is, I dont think I could also cope with bridesmaid dress wobbles and chair cover wobbles etc.......gah!

• Laura_Lee
    Beginner
    Laura_Lee ·
    • Hide content

Oh Sara - sorry to hear you are feeling like that. WP shouldn't get you down, you should be able to enjoy it.

I can't say that I ever felt like that - I was lucky and found things that I loved early on and didn't change my mind at all, even when I found other things that I also liked, I always went back to the original choice.

It doesn't sound to me though that you need to worry too much at this stage - you have a year to go right? Only thing you need to do soonish is the guest list really? Save the dates can then go and you don't have to do any of the other bits until much nearer the time.

You could always get suppliers in place (florist etc) and make your final choices later on when you are feeling more like you know what you want? A wedding can be organised in a matter of weeks when needs be so you have plenty of time if you aren't ready to make the choices at the moment... do you think it would help to leave it for a while?

• Laura_Lee
    Beginner
    Laura_Lee ·
    • Hide content

Oh and fwiw your dress is gorgeous - purleeeeeeeaaaaase don't have wobbles, its beautiful.

• Amethyst
    Beginner October 2010
    Amethyst ·
    • Hide content

I'm with Shoegal on this - I don't want to spend months wondering whether I have made the right choice & changing my mind!

I get married in Oct 2010 too & all we have done is: venue, catering, tog & provisionally booked registrar.

My cousin gets married 5 weeks before me and has done everything - ordered rings, booked men's suits, chosen flowers.... Freaked me out for a bit but enough ppl told me to relax. The 2010 threads freak me out too!

SaraCroft - I can't remember when you get wed?

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Amethyst and Laura!

We get wed next Aug , the main cause of my anxiety is from other ppl asking questions, I never have an answer to any of them ...................... I very occasionally dabble on the 2010 brides thread as I just end up feeling hugely disorganised in comparison.

SO far we have:

venue

Tog

dress

the wonderful HIB Ruth from finesse to help us with the design etc

The fab HIB Georgie from by george bespoke

Now I just need to come up with a decent response from all the nosey relatives that want to know if my wedding pants are going to match the napkins which are going to match the grooms socks etc...............

• Laura_Lee
    Beginner
    Laura_Lee ·
    • Hide content

Try what I did - just keep details to a minimum; when they ask 'Have you sorted out the X, Y or Z?" just replied "yes all done" or "pretty much" and change the subject. If pushed maybe say you are hoping to keep the details as a surprise for the day?

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Hey Sara! FWIW you were THE most organised bride I have ever met...and you make the best chocolate cake ;o)

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Laura - I will adpot a most Secretive tone when using your responses....that way they'll get the hint!

Thanks Miss Scaterbrain - the prize definately goes to you - looking forward to your report already

Thanks Georgie - I feel like I am the worst planner in the world - One day of the week I like Hydrangeas then other days it's all about roses and gerberas ............I am sure I shall drive you mental by this time next year...most of the 2010 Brides have got everything planned and I havent a clue! By the way I heard you did a fabulous job at Becky & Ceri's wedding - cant wait to see the pictures

(mucho chocolate cake for you when we next meet)

X

• Laura_Lee
    Beginner
    Laura_Lee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

And when are you next coming to see Zippy and me? Will you bring us chocolate cake too please!

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content

Are you and the Zipster planning on coming to the next London meet? I think we are goiong to meet at the regular hitched venue, Zippy has been there before. It is in September sometime.......I think Tadah started a thread on it ( memory like a sieve these days)

If you can't make it to London then I am sure we can arrange a Cambrige shopping session - after all, I have got a lot to be buying in the next 12 months!

X

EDA - I cannot spell, sorry!

• Finesse (HIB)
    Finesse (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Woah those horses missus!!!!! CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!

Firstly when people ask you things about your wedding, just tell them to sod off that you're keeping things close to your chest as things might change. Or something along those lines.

Secondly, there is NO need to panic! Once I've gotten my next big wedding out of the way (Friday) we are going to have our first meeting and from that point you let me deal with your colour schemes and flowers, invite designs and basically everything so that in a couple of months time, you will have a beautifully designed wedding and it will be all of your ideas pulled together so you can go and source the rest of your suppliers and show them how you want your wedding to look. Not only that babe, but you're going to have my support and advice thoughout the whole thing, so when you're feeling a bit panicy, you just phone me!

You've really got a lot of time and with my help and the lovely hitchers, it will come together perfectly.

You've got a lot on right now with family things and your work, so I'm not surprised you're feeling a bit stressed. You'll see, it's going to be perfect! All we need to do is convince R that HE can't do without me on the day, and everything will be more than perfect!

Ruth

x

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarahcroft!

first of all - If you guys are having a session in London please please invite me!!! ??

(not Very subtle, I know!

secondly - I started planning about 10 months before, and apart from booking venue, tog and save the dates have not done much apart from research and also keep changing my mind - though budget it a big dictator... and I yhink My dress doesn't really go yet with the rest of my decor ideas so lots to do yet and 8 months to go! but I'm pretty sure it will all come together in the end! you are right there are some very organized ladies here, but each at their own pace...

I think decision wise the most important thing is that its 'you'. chose things you like and are comfortable with and then you will be much happier, I think. There are so many Ideas out there you could have endless styles and colour combos so it can be very very confusing. I would start by making a final guest list, and a separate list of 'maybes' you can discuss with your OH, I didn't have a concrete theme but chose the main colours and so could send out the STDs - since then they have changed but not dramatically so I don't really care if the final invite has a different shade of blue or whatever - people won't notice! after you do that you have plenty of time to think of the rest!

not sure this helps, but can sympathise as a pay-as-you-go, 'decide-as-you-go' type bride!

also if you are in two minds about anything just post it up with pics - everyone is so helpful and honest! x

• Bridget Gump
    Bridget Gump ·
    • Hide content

Firstly, I am very jealous that you have the wonderful Ruth helping you! Secondly if a scatterbrain like me can do it all in less than 8 months, frankly anyone can. There's no need IMO for you to do anything else yet.

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

Just wanted to reiterate what others have said, and say that you're fine Saracroft, and so are you Shoegal!!

Do not panic. My wedding is before yours - end of July 2010 - and all I have booked is venue, photographer, florist, videographer - so do not worry! (oh we also have our invitations, but that's because my cousin's girlfriend did them for us before she had her baby so had to be done early!)

The 2010 thread is sometimes quite panic-inducing and does make me worry sometimes, but we are fine! We have ages to do stuff. Next on my list is the dress and BM dresses, as well as going to give notice of marriage, and then I'm not really going to bother with the smaller stuff until later on this year/beginning of next.

Next time you have a 'disorganised' panicky moment just give me a shout and I'll join in the disorganised brides club!! ?

• A
    Beginner December 2010
    anglefish ·
    • Hide content

Please dont worry im the same as shoegal01 im a dec 2010 bride and all iv done is book venue and florist looking for tog at the mo but thats all. have been looking at other things but like u im to indecicive and worry that something better will come along or the opposite and ill wait and miss out on things then be stuck xx

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content

Ruth - as I read your post you could literally hear my sigh of relief!

Sarah - Kay - nice to hear you are in the disorganised club too! I feel much better after reading this thread and hearing everyone else's experiences

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Hey Don't worry

I may get the prize for disorganised so far we have a church and a reception venue and a date that is it.

I am supposed to be sorting a cateerer but that is scary so I keep puttin git off

colour scheme that changes daily florist (hmmm I will think abou tthat umm next year maybe).

Dresses yes I have started shopping but come Oct I can't dress shop again until Feb and if I ned to order in march wellll I figured see what is available now draw up a short list check new collections in feb and then order something. To make you feeel even better my current short list contains two dresses at opposite ends of the spectrum so clearly I don't have a clue what I want.

Bridesmaids, only just decideing on a budget for them.

jpin me in the my wedding will be wonderfully chaotic and mis matched lub it's awesom just do what I do stick fiongers in ears and hummm loudly, periodically remove fingers from ears do some frenzied looking on the internet for something (flowers. invites dresses etc. Save a million pictures on your PC panic and revert to fingers in ears mode.

x

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what I have been doing all morning...stealing ideas from a B2B's blog over on YAYW......LUSH LUSH LUSHNESS, except I dont have her budget!

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Ahh ha I know exactly which blog you mean I want her wedding day and I do not have her budget that's for sure.

You are going to be fine yo have ruth all lined up to magically organise your ideas, Me I curently have enough plans and ideas for 3 different weddings in my head (maybe more).

I find my painted fingers in ears method most helpful also when people ask look vaguly surprised and calmly so ohhh that it's not til next year we aren't worrying about that, and then run away and panic where they can't see you!

• E
    Beginner May 2010
    eskimopebble ·
    • Hide content

Hi Gang.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I get married in NINE MONTHS and all I have done is book the venue and caterer. I have provisionally booked the church (but they don't have a vicar at the mo so can't confirm until October but I have a friend vicar on standby).

I hear the last 6 months is the time to get the other bits done in. As long as the venue, church/registry office and food is sorted then Im sure its fine. Although saying that I do have waves of panic and wedding nightmares more and more these days!

• PennyFarthing
    Beginner
    PennyFarthing ·
    • Hide content

Waaaaah! Can I join the disorganised club too? We're getting married (well we haven't confirmed it with the church yet as I'm/we're so disorganised) on 29th May 2010.

We have provisionally booked the church, booked a tog, decided on our venue (marquee in our garden) and that is that. Oh and I have a dress but I don't think I'm going to fit in it so I'm meant to be looking at dresses at the moment too.

I have in fact got a bit panicked reading this thread this morning and so have rung a florist lol!

Am also very jealous that you have Ruth to help you organise (where's that green with envy icon whenyou need it!)

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content

Good lord Jules!!! This woman is my idol!!!!!!

• PennyFarthing
    Beginner
    PennyFarthing ·
    • Hide content

Okay, she wins lol!

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

She most definately wins, I could not handle that!

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

tog - photographer

hib - hitcher in business (eg someone on her who makes jewellery/flowers etc)

• Finesse (HIB)
    Finesse (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

WoW! 19th September, that's going to be tight. Although I planned a wedding last year for a couple on the other side of the country in a matter of weeks as she has terminal cancer, but then it's easier for me I guess as I do this all day every day but if i didn't and had to fit it amongst job etc, that's tough. Although I say, as long as the invites are out with details people need to know, the rest can be done fairly quickly depending on supplier availability.

Hey Sarah and Penny, no need to be jealous, you can have a bit of the Ruthy magic if you need it. Sara is using my wedding design and support service, so it's really going to help tie all her ideas together but let her plan their wedding with professional guidance. Once she's on the right path, there'll be no stopping her!

Sara, I'm intrigued by this cake, I feel it should be part of the deal!

Ruth

x

• Amethyst
    Beginner October 2010
    Amethyst ·
    • Hide content

Sara - if you have Ruth & ByGeorge on your team then I don't see how you can lose!

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ruth - all will be revealed about the cake when we meet up!! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics