Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R

amersham as an area to live

RedBerries, 8 October, 2009 at 14:50 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4

Does anyone know much about what it's like to live in the Amersham area, specifically Chesham Bois?

We are currently looking at areas outside of London to relocate to - looking for easy transport into London, a nice picturesque area with greenery around, a nice town, restaurants and shops etc. My partner and I are late 30's / early 40's but young at heart!

If anyone can give any insider info, that would be great!

Ta ?

4 replies

Latest activity by Loop, 10 October, 2009 at 21:42
  • B
    Beginner April 2007
    bingy ·
    • Hide content

I spent the first 9 years of my life in Chesham, the first 3 actually living in chesham bois. I really liked it, as did my parents but I'd imagine having a good park with lots of ducks to feed probably isn't going to be a make or break factor for you ?

It is a really convenient location for travelling elsewhere e.g close to london, m25 and heathrow, but it's about as far away from the beach as you can possibly get (another child factor!)

It's a friendly place, but suffers a bit in terms of things to do because of proximity to london

• R
    RedBerries ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Bingy - actually, I love feeding the ducks, so that's a bonus!

• Pops
    Curious January 2012
    Pops ·
    • Hide content

I was born in Amersham and lived in Chesham and then High Wycombe until I was 25. My family still live in Chesham.

Amersham is nice as is Chesham. Chesham is very quiet, i'm not overkeen on the town to be truthful. It's a bit 'dead' and lacks any kind of character. It doesn't have very good shops either. It really does have a lovely, lovely park and they have an excellent dentist in town which I still use even though I now live in Devon ? Very good commuter links into London, I used to get the train from Chalfont every day. Have you looked at the Chalfonts? Lovely areas.

Other lovely areas are Penn, Beaconsfield, Henley/Hurley, Gerrards Cross and bits of Marlow.

• Blackkat
    Beginner July 2008
    Blackkat ·
    • Hide content

We moved to Aylesbury 2 months ago (near Amersham) but although I haven't been to Amersham the area of Buckinghamshire is so nice. We live in an area called Watermead which has 2 resovoirs with lots of ducks & a few swans which I love. Hope you find somewhere that you like

• Loop
    Beginner August 2007
    Loop ·
    • Hide content

Ooo ask me again in 2 months Red Berries and I'll tell you. H & I have sold our flat in London and are moving to Amersham at the end of this month!! We've been looking around Bucks for the last few months and have decided to rent for a few months until we decide exactly where we want to put down more permanent roots but we like Amersham enough to chose it as the rental spot - we also like Beaconsfield and lots of the villages are lovely too (but some I think too quiet for us right now).

best of luck!

edited for rubbish spelling as X factor was distracting me (how embarrassing!!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics