Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

stephanieeff
Beginner July 2014

An outdoor wedding in March

stephanieeff, 15 of August of 2012 at 11:58 Posted on Planning 0 8

..am I crazy?

With the summer we've had this year I'm thinking of moving the date from July to March, it would save us literally hundreds of pounds having it "out of season" and if i remember we had some pretty stunning weather in March this year. The way I see it I'm taking a gamble having an outdoors do in the UK anyway, so why not save some money?

What does everyone else think?

8 replies

Latest activity by stephanieeff, 15 of August of 2012 at 14:33
  • Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends if the venue has an equally nice place indoors to hold he ceremony if the great british weather doesnt give you sunshine?

• A
    Beginner March 2014
    Annie86 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Not at all! We are booked for the end of March 2014 and ours hopefully will be outside... Past couple of years March has been really mild and after this summer (blink and you will miss it!) I didnt want to fork out the extra just to end up having it inside anyway...

Fingers crossed for a sunny March! Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner March 2014
    Annie86 ·
    • Hide content

Although if the weather is a disaster the inside is lovely too! Defiantly worth thinking about if your going for the outside!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I got married in March this year - it was one of the hottest days of the year. Not outside though.

As you say, a wedding outside in the UK is always a gamble. Personally I would never do it without a back up indoor space but if you have that and a March wedding will save you loads of moolah, I'd do it.

• ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

This is Britain - so who knows what the weather will do! Outside in July is certainly no guarantee of good weather so if you want to move it to March go ahead!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Our daughter got married the day after Kharv and it was in the 70's as she says. We were all outside in the sunshine and it stayed daylight till around 6pm ish which was a relief as I was a bit concerned it may be too dark for photos as they didn't get married till 3pm but needn't have worried. March/April has seen some lovely, mild days in recent years whilst the Summers have been a washout. You can save a lot by opting for an 'out of season' wedding and can save even more if you choose a Friday instead of a Saturday too!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I've booked for 28th March 2014 as well. Mainly because the 28th March is our anniversary anyway but also as you say, the weather the past 2 or 3 years has been really good in March. My venue has stunning grounds which I would love my guests to be able to use but as much as I think the weather in March has been really good recently, I still wouldn't bank on it and would always have a back up plan if it pours down.

Good luck with all your planning!!

• stephanieeff
    Beginner July 2014
    stephanieeff ·
    • Hide content

It's an old restored bandstand in the middle of a Park! If it rained people can come inside it, you can get 50 people in some standing, some sitting, so there is always that, if the weather was absolutely terrible I assume we could use the room in the Museum in which the bandstand sits in the grounds of. I'll give the wedding co-ordinator a call later and find out!

Thanks ladies!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics