Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner October 2014

Andy Murray and Kim sears

LalaC1988, 11 of April of 2015 at 22:56 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 18

Just been having a little look online at the wedding, looked really nice relatively normal to be honest and from the sounds of it they just had a really small wedding reception.

got to be honest though I am disappointed in kims dress kind of imagined something a bit more glamorous from her. think andys mum outdid the bride a little not sure what I feel about the white colour she was wearing wouldn't normal bother me in a normal wedding but being on camera so much is it a statement? also not really loving the bridesmaid dresses don't get why two had massive shrugs on and others didn't maybe it's a bit ocd of me but I couldn't do that all four would have to be identical.

also their photographer at their wedding rehearsal - has poor andy not been through enough? falling on a stone and dying :-(

any other opinions of dress and stuff?

18 replies

Latest activity by Elsie81, 14 of April of 2015 at 18:21
  • Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

I gotta say, Judy did look fabulous.

l have to say I feel more sorry for the photographer who lost his life and his family who lost their husband/father etc than I do for the bride & groom who lost a photographer. All be it that it did happen in terrible circumstances.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah that did come out wrong I do of course feel sorry for the photographer! its horrible that happened

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

I don't think the photos I've seen in the press do the dress justice. It looks like a Jenny Packham Daphne dress with sleeves, probably highly bespoke. The level of detail in that intricate beading is beautiful.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I'm not crazy on the dress to be honest. I think it's a Jenny Packham "Blaire" that's been customised to add sleeves and a modesty panel at the front. It's made it a little frumpy looking for my tastes.

It really caught my eye though, as my wedding dress is JP "Daphne" and I thought it was the same dress as mine at a quick glance ? The bottom is a lot puffier on hers though, so i'd guess it's Blaire, which seems to be the puffier bottomed version of Daphne. Halle Berry got married in a similar non-customised one I think

I hadn't even heard about the poor photographer as was working yesterday. Poor poor guy

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I just looked it up, and I think Andy looked great! And Judy. I wouldn't have put Kim in that dress (which is a jenny packham, looked that up too) but its still nice. I looked her up too and was surprised to see she's almost a year younger than me! I thought she was older, I'd have put her in her 30s

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

I know - awful news about the photographer. What a shock for his family.

I think both Andy and Kim looked lovely. The back of Kim's dress was gorgeous, although didn't think the neckline suited her at the front. Judy Murray looked very glamorous in her outfit too.

The bridesmaid dresses were not to my taste at all. Thought they looked quite frumpy and would have gone with either a blue or green tone taken from the kilts rather than pink.

Hope they had a great day (despite the bit of rain). They seem like a lovely couple.

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Poor photographer, that's tragic.

I liked her dress but not the bridesmaid dresses - money doesn't buy style lol x

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

My H said her dress was "very game of thrones" which I can kind of see. I haven't seen the BM dresses though - the only reason I've even seen the bride and groom is that someone left a copy of one of the tabloids in Starbucks this morning!

• lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

Like everyone else I was a little disappointed by her dress. I thought it would flatter her more.

My OH is ranting that Andy was wearing an Argyll jacket and not Bonnie Prince Charlie like the paper said. Then he decided his tartan is better (and I thought women were judgemental...)

Had no idea about photographer!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Quite a few people have said that about mine as well, which is basically the same as hers minus the sleeves and modesty panel, so your H isn't alone!

• MrsPowellToBe
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsPowellToBe ·
    • Hide content

I didn't like Kim's dress at all, but still thought she looked gorgeous.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Just seen a picture of andys grandma she looked lovely too.

The wedding seems to be such a lovely family event. wonder if they've sold to OK or hello magazine

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

I think i must be in the minority here- i LOVE her dress! think it's stunning and suits her. and i like what i've seen of the BM's too. judy looked effortlessly lovely, his gran looked superb but the thing i loved most was the fact that andy murray looked even happier than when he won wimbledon and i think that was the nicest thing of all.

as with the rest of you, heart out to the tog and his poor family- how utterly tragic Smiley sad

but a beautiful wedding nonetheless

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

I didn't like her dress, not a great fit either. I also think it was inappropriate his Mum wearing white. They did look very happy in the pictures

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

From what i've seen only judy's jacket was white, no? the dress/skirt peeking through looks nude?

personally i see nothing wrong with the white thing but then my favourite ever MOB/guest outfit was diane keaton in father of the bride which was a cream ensemble Smiley winking lord i adore that outfit! ^_^ lol

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I've just had a quick Google and I thought she looked lovely. It wasn't the type of dress I'd expect her to be in but she's a very pretty girl, she could probably look good in anything. Cow! ?

Not a fan of the BM dresses to be honest.

So sad about the photographer. Really feel for hs family.

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

They look very happy which is lovely. :-)

I think the dress swamps her a bit and makes her look older than she is. It would have been better if it was more floaty rather than poofy.

She looks very happy though and I like her shoes and veil.

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

I am a bit mixed about it. Up close the intricate beading was really beautiful and the back and sleeves amazing. But around the chest area it seemed ill fitting and could have been more streamlined. I agree it didn't complement her figure very well. But they both looked so happy.

Awful about the Tog - but it wasn't the wedding TOG. The guy was part of the paparazzi mob covering the wedding not the official TOG. He had a heart attack which is why he collapsed and hit his head. Still horrible for the guy's family. I do wonder if being part of a press mob ramps up the stress level to cause the heart attack? Anyway RIP.

• E
    Beginner May 2015
    Elsie81 ·
    • Hide content

I thought her dress was very dreamy and romantic. I was impressed it wasn't strapless - I've had eagle eyes at weddings this last year, and without exception the bride has been in a strapless gown. It gets a bit samey, although admittedly some were beautiful.

Not sure about Kim's bridesmaid colour, or the furry wrap one of the girls had on - felt a bit frou-frou!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics