Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner

Angels Films Ltd - Stevi Glasspell - Has anyone used them?

vivaespana, 6 of August of 2010 at 21:58

Posted on Just Married 92

Hello, Has anyone used the above videographer for their wedding? Did you have any issues with them? I used them for my wedding in March and they are now uncontactable, phone just rings and rings, no response to emails. If you have used them, was it recently and have you got your DVD's? Thank you Sad...

Hello,

Has anyone used the above videographer for their wedding? Did you have any issues with them?
I used them for my wedding in March and they are now uncontactable, phone just rings and rings, no response to emails.

If you have used them, was it recently and have you got your DVD's?

Thank you

Sad newly wed x

92 replies

• B
    Beginner August 2010
    BEAR123 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Liz

I'm so happy for you!!!! It must be such a huge relief. I would love nothing more right now than for my dvds to drop through the door!

We got married in August. I'm sooo hoping that ours will turn up soon, but your post has definitely given us a bit of hope.

To the rest of the ladies on here, how many are still waiting for dvds, and how long have you been waiting?

xx

• L
    Beginner June 2010
    liz_heaton ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou Bear123. Ours was june so there is hope for you. good luck x

• K
    Beginner October 2010
    kim38 ·
    • Hide content

OMG ladies i am so glad, i found this post, we had him booked to do our wedding on the 30th Oct in Sheffield, i just hope to god we can find somewhere else. If anyone out there can recommend any one i would be really grateful.

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kim

Sorry to hear that you have been let down by this company. It appears to be an ongoing saga. Fingers crossed all those that have posted above will get their DVDs. It's a shame that those that have had them have some moments - some of which are special ones omitted.

I would just like to say that we have availability on 30 October 2010 and cover Sheffield. We are more expensive than Angels but we are reliable and love what we do!

If I can help, please let me know.

Regards

Tracey xx

• S
    Beginner
    SolsticeBride ·
    • Hide content

Kim - Fingers crossed you'll sort something out in time or take Tracey up on her offer.

Did Glasspell get in touch and advise you that he couldn't do your wedding or was it just luck that you came across this forum and realised he wouldn't be there? If he told you himself, please share with us how he communicated and if he gave any indication of contact details. Does he owe you any money?

• B
    Beginner August 2010
    BEAR123 ·
    • Hide content

Ladies - an update...we got our dvds today! As Liz said I don't know whether this will make you feel better or worse, and I'm not sure why we've had ours when some haven't, but I just wanted to try and give you a bit of hope that he's still sending them out.

I really do hope that everyone who is still waiting gets theirs very very soon xx

• K
    Beginner October 2010
    kim38 ·
    • Hide content

Solstice bride, no contact from him just luck i came across this whilst looking for something else. I didnt give a deposit or anything quite lucky in that aspect that we wont lose money compared to some, as when i booked him (think it was back in June,) with him being based down south didnt like handing any money over until we had met in person, he was quite understanding about this & said that fine we will have a meet 2weeks before the wedding & sort everything from there. We are now just over 2 weeks till the big day & i hadnt heard anything & finding this forum was quite lucky. At least i found out now & not the day of the wedding.

• S
    Beginner
    SolsticeBride ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kim. I feared as much. I'm so pleased for you that you found out in time from your own research. This just goes to show that Glasspell has shown no concern for customers with outstanding bookings, despite his final announcement on his website before it went down. What a little toad.

Last minute panics before your wedding is just what you want isn't it?! Hope you get it sorted and that your day is everything you hope for ;o)

Glad to hear DVDs are slowly materialising for some. Do check all ten carefully though as, besides the editing and technical errors on mine, many of them do not play properly. Don't know if this is just poor quality discs or something to do with the way Glasspell has formatted them, but most of mine are useless. Also, has anyone received raw tapes if he promised them to you? I'm still having no luck getting hold of mine.

• S
    Beginner
    SolsticeBride ·
    • Hide content

I have some fantastic news. I just heard that I will receive a FULL refund of £595 from my credit card company under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 in settlement of my case against Glasspell and Angels Films. ?

I cannot tell you how much better this makes me feel after all the battles I’ve had with him. So, to everyone who still does not have DVDs or has DVDs of an unacceptable quality as I do - please make a claim if you paid by Credit Card or PayPal. I know it’s not the same as having your once in a lifetime memories as you had hoped – but knowing you have not paid for that privilege sure takes the sting out of the slap!

And a big thank you to VivaEspana for starting this thread, as once I’d seen I was not alone, it re-ignited my anger to pick up my fight again!

• S
    Beginner July 2010
    sarahmileham ·
    • Hide content

Your not actually going to believe this but we got back from our honeymoon on tues 12th oct and all TEN of our dvds were sitting there with our post! couldnt believe it i cried with happiness.

We were abit worried about watching them as we wasnt sure what to expect, however i couldnt of asked for a better dvd it was way beyond my expectations, he captured everything thing every little detail of our day and he used all the music i chose too, so all in all we are extrememly happy. However, i wont be thanking him because of all the stress and lack of communication he put us through. We do class our selves as very very lucky and i really hope all you other brides get the dvd you deserve.

sarah mileham

• S
    Beginner
    SolsticeBride ·
    • Hide content

Sarah, that’s such great news. I’m delighted for you.

Now that I’ve had my money back I’ll be able to look into getting the DVDs he sent me re-edited and formatted properly. I know the quality will be compromised by re-editing from DVD as opposed to using the raw footage, but at least we’ll be able to enjoy our memories at last. It’s just such a shame that by the time I’ll be able to share my DVDs with family and friends it will be about 18 months since our wedding, and for that I’ll never forgive Glasspell. He really did ruin the enjoyment of being able to relive and share our wedding whilst we, and everyone else, were still in that “celebration after-glow”. What makes me more angry than anything is that all he needed to do with all his customers was COMMUNICATE - an apology would not have gone amiss either. It would have saved so many tears and months of anguish and frustration. I only hope that he never finds a way back into the wedding industry again so others are spared what we’ve all been through.

• N
    Beginner July 2010
    nkuchergina ·
    • Hide content

Deal All, I am so sorry to hear that you are also having troubles getting hold of your wedding videos.

Can anyone please please please let me know how I can get in touch with Stevi. It is not about the money as we didn't pay up front, but the memories that I will never be able to replicate again. I need to find my video.

I would be really greateful for any leads at all. Many Thanks, Nataly

• S
    Beginner
    SolsticeBride ·
    • Hide content

Hi Nataly, I understand exactly how you feel.

Are you able to tell us when you booked him and what date was your wedding? When did he tell you to expect your DVDs and what arrangements were made for paying him? I am very interested to know these things as he will be trading illegally if he is taking money for his services now.

With regards to contacting him, below is a summary of my research and previous suggestions so you don’t have to trawl back through 60+ posts. Fingers crossed this doesn’t get “censored” as some of my previous posts have or that I don’t get barred from the forum! Here goes:

Glasspell’s partner and mother of his child, Shelley, left him in July when Glasspell went to visit his father in Australia for 2 weeks. The fact she chose to leave him whilst he was out of the country gives us some idea of what life with him has been like for her. I am led to believe that Shelley has limited contact with Glasspell, and that is only for the sake of their young son. She does not have any contact details for him. Shelley is on Facebook as Michelle Healy. In August, Glasspell moved out of his rented home at Hancroft Road, Hemel Hempstead. At this moment in time, we have no known address for him. He left no forwarding details with the Estate Agent. Any phone numbers that were known for him no longer work. At the beginning of September, Companies House struck off Angels Films and this eventually forced him to cease trading.

Try writing to him via his email address of *****@************.**.**. He owns the domain name so even if his website isn’t up any more he is most likely still using it. An alternative email he gave me himself when we were in communication at one point is ***********@**.***. Try contacting him via his family. His mother, Elspeth, is in Scotland. To find her address and telephone number either Google the following phrase “Angels Films Scottish Weddings” or go to www.thebestscottishweddings.co.uk and on the home page search the directory by selecting “Central” and then “Videography”. I have it on good authority that these are the correct contact details regardless of what may be said if you phone up. His sister Amanda is a photographer. Her website is www.aegphotos.co.uk and she is on Facebook as Manda Glasspell and AEG Photos. Stevi has resurrected his Facebook profile as Stevi Glasspell, but it is completely locked down. I found it under his father’s profile, Ian Glasspell.

I would not normally endorse contacting family members in the hope of eliciting communication from Glasspell, but I’m afraid that there seems no other way. With any luck, his family will become so fed up with the invasion of their privacy that they will encourage him to conclude his business with the brides and grooms still waiting for their DVDs. I have not personally gone down this route as my situation was different in that I needed my raw tapes and the likelihood of Glasspell still having these after he moved and had nowhere permanent to live was highly unlikely.

I hope the above is of help to you and wish you luck. Do let us all know how you get on. The fact that DVDs are slowly materialising for others on this forum bodes well that you will eventually receive yours. I truly hope so.

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Dear SolsticeBride - Videogal on the WP forums has previously mentioned that her husband might be able to edit films - I guess it would depend on how much of their own they have on, but at least it would be a contact that you could trust!

• L
    Beginner June 2010
    liz_heaton ·
    • Hide content

Its almost impossible to get hold of him im afraid. we have all been trying for months, some for years. I just kept emailing him and although i knew i wud prob not get a reply, i just hoped he was reading them. I did get my dvd's nearly 5 months after the wedding. quality not that good and no special effects but as u say, just to have the memories is all I wanted. Just keep emialing him and in my experience, be nice, dont rub him up the wrong way. Good luck x

• W
    waterindesert ·
    • Hide content

OMG, felt sorry as they have let you down. I haven't heard about it. How can they do like this!!!

• S
    Beginner August 2011
    Sara-Jane ·
    • Hide content

☹️

• H
    Beginner May 2011
    hellokittie66 ·
    • Hide content

I have also booked Stevi at Angels Films to video my wedding on 1st May 2011.

Emailed him because I didn't have a phone no for him... looked on the website.. not running... got a little worried... and then googled it and found this thread.

What a sod to be ripping people off. His last address was 3 roads away from my house, which is why i booked him, so we went round there last night, and he's no longer there.

Have found him on FB but you can't message him or contact him in any way.

Has anyone else got hold of him?

• H
    Beginner May 2011
    hellokittie66 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone - I have found this - something you can give to your insurance companies - It's proof that his company has dissolved.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/dd9efd0b5b426f3c7165fe1fc7bbc9cf/compdetails

I'm going to give this to my insurance company and hope they refund my deposit.

Good luck!

• B
    Beginner June 2011
    brianna63 ·
    • Hide content

Summer's New velvet winter wedding dresses TrendTo Take An Enjoyment In the Reasons of the Popularity of velvet winter wedding dresses The Enticement You Can not Forget - mother of the bride dresses How to Ways.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

If you ladies would like to know of a high quality editor try Martin Walsh at MGW Films.

He's a videographer himself but also edits stuff for various other clients including the BBC.

• M
    Beginner April 2011
    mrteabag ·
    • Hide content

He has done one on us also.

only found out 2 days ago after sending our balance of £450 that he has been made bankrupt.

so ive been doing some digging with trading standards and my bank and also with the recievers. the receivers haven't heard of him and have no info on him and my bank checked with his bank and his account is still open and usable.

this man gets my back up, needless to say i have emailed him and had a couple of replies.

i have explained i will look for him and wont go away.

im feel for all who this conman has met and made off with there money ar dvd's.

keep fighting it till you get every penny back Smiley smile

regards

andi

• S
    Beginner August 2011
    Sara-Jane ·
    • Hide content

Just received this email from him....

Dear Customers,

Unfortunately due to a slow down in trade throughout 2010 and a series
    of unfortunate events, I have been unable to continue in business and
    Angels Films is now dissolved.

Recovery of monies paid to Angels Films : Unfortunately there is no
    money in the company accounts and they have been closed. The only assets
    left are the laptop I am typing on and some small items such as hard
    drives. In order to recover any monies paid to Angels Films, I can
    suggest the following methods -

1. Recover the money through your wedding insurance.
    2. Contact Paypal to refund your money if you paid through Paypal.
    3. Contact your bank or credit card if you paid using these methods.

I am just finishing off the final wedding DVDs for customers whose
    weddings I have filmed this year, and then Angels Films will be
    completely closed. I suspect that I may receive emails from some of you
    regarding the refund of deposits. I just want to make sure you
    understand that there is no money in any account and that I am unable to
    help with that. You do need to pursue the refund of any monies paid
    using the methods listed above.

Thank you for booking me to film your weddings. Apologies that it didn't
    work out. I am confident that you will be able to easily reclaim the
    money paid. I wish you the best for your wedding day and for your
    future.

Stevi Glasspell

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Most people in his position wouldn't even bother to finish the work off or type that email.

Kudos to a certain extent.

• M
    Beginner April 2011
    mrteabag ·
    • Hide content

Most people would have returned there dvd's when promised most people wouldn't con other people out of there wedding funds.

he's a fraud end of.

a proper scum bag

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    bushcl ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone heard anymore from him?

I'm really worried.. got married in July and all he has sent us is the special features DVD.

• L
    Beginner
    landy312 ·
    • Hide content

Girls Christmas Dresses

2011 New Style Wedding Dresses

• A
    Beginner November 2009
    akane1234 ·
    • Hide content

Dear All

It seems that this character has impacted more than just my wife and I at our wedding in November 2007. We had just about given up hope and then I saw this blog. Our story is depressingly similar to the rest of these horrible cases.

Does anyone have any up to date news/advice. In meeting him I thought he was a bit sad so just shows you shouldnt trust someone because they appear to be nice.

Many thanks in advance.

Andrew

• diliphirani
    diliphirani ·
    • Hide content

I have read this thread with anger and dismay but, unfortunately, when someone goes into business and hasn't got a clue about how to price appropriately, this is what happens.

Most people will just book purely based on price and then worry about whether what they're paying for is sustainable long enough to get what they paid for.

This company should have had the guts to tell it's customer base that it could not deliver at the price-point it originally agreed to record the weddings.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics