Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner June 2015

Anna Campbell Dresses!!!!!!

thedawnbringer, 23 of January of 2014 at 01:36 Posted on Planning 0 16

OMG I just literally stopped in my tracks. I am in LOVE with a dress by the designer Anna Campbell. I managed to track down a UK stockist but it seems they only do the Ivory collection and the dress I love is from the Gossamer collection here http://www.polkadotbride.com/2013/06/anna-campbell-gossamer-2013-made-to-measure-collection/

Does anyone know how I could get hold of a dress like this... I mean EXACTLY like these? I cannot fly to Aus lol.

16 replies

Latest activity by HappyOrangeFlowers630, 27 of June of 2017 at 10:47
  • Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Have you thought about getting it made for you? A seamstress/dress maker should be able to recreate it but I warn you with that much detailing and beading that is going to be one expensive dress!

• excitedbridetobe2015
    Beginner June 2015
    excitedbridetobe2015 ·
    • Hide content

I too want one of the dresses from the Gossamer collection, I would happily wear any of those as everyone is stunningly breath-taking! I was close to tears when I set eyes on this collection a few weeks ago . xx

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I bet we've all been looking at the same dress!!!

This one?

I emailed them and they basically said I'd have to fly over (TWICE) to get one of those. I think they are abotu £4k too (dress alone.)

I was going to have one made by a dressmaker I know, but have since decided that it would be silly to do that without trying any other dresses on first, so am going to go spend a day or two dress shopping and then decide whether to get one made (not exactly the same, I quite want one knee length.

• excitedbridetobe2015
    Beginner June 2015
    excitedbridetobe2015 ·
    • Hide content
  • SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I've seen that site before - but it's wholesale? And I can't imagine they are actually Anna Campbell dresses at that price!?

They are so beautiful, they bring tears to my eyes!

• excitedbridetobe2015
    Beginner June 2015
    excitedbridetobe2015 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know, I doubt it very much. I feel I'm in a very dangerous situation of potentially being ripped off as I want that dress so desperately and would try just about anything to get it!

Its not fair!! x

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

How long do you have? Try and find a good seamstress who could make it for you? I'd prefer that anyway as then you can tweak to suit (like - i'd cut off a foot and a half off the bottom of it!)

• T
    Beginner June 2015
    thedawnbringer ·
    • Hide content

Yes it's that dress haha! Jaw dropping isn't it!

im a bit cautious about dress makers... What if they start and I don't like it? I'm the sort of person that would then feel obligated :/

beware of dhgate, there are mostly con artists on there. Look up the reviews on google.

• E
    Beginner June 2015
    ExpensiveOrangeHair118 ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone ordered this yet? I too am tempted but worried about con artists... Are there any similar designers that are easier to get hold of?

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

There no smiley for "take your breath away" ? They are lovely, I'm sure I have photographed a few brides in dresses like this, now I am going to waste a few hours trying to find them?

• GMC Weddings
    Beginner July 2014
    GMC Weddings ·
    • Hide content

It is a beautiful dress!

My wedding dress is being made for me by a local dressmaker - I was shocked at how little it costs - I suppose you are not paying for the designer label.

So I would recommend taking a pic to your local dressmaker / seamstress and seeing what they say!

Good luck

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Wow they are truely absolutely gorgeous!

Looking at dhgate, it looks like you would get a Chinese knock-off. They could still be decently-made, but may not be EXACTLY the same, depends if you have the money to risk it.

It's a shame they cannot make your dress based on the measurements you give them over the phone. I guess they are incredibly proud of their dresses and they have to be perfect before they leave their clutches! Some overseas designers are happy to custom make a dress and then ship it over, and alterations can be done by seamstress on our side of the pond.

Wish you all the best with your dress hunt!

• L
    Beginner September 2015
    leannisterowley ·
    • Hide content

Hey ladies - did anyone find a stockist or go with having a replica made??

• E
    Beginner June 2016
    ExpensiveGreenStationery362 ·
    • Hide content

Hey girls I also thinking about that gorgeous dress from the gossamer collection, had anybody get some experience or made it from a local seamstress? I can't fly to Australia ... so I need help.... I found the same websites like you and I think they are not save.

I beg you write me

Caro

• H
    Beginner
    HappyOrangeFlowers630 ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone found any UK Stockists of the Gossamer Collection?

Thanks

Hx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics