Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsWoozle
Beginner November 2007

Another flash the dress, but also with some extra info please!

MrsWoozle, 3 of March of 2009 at 20:27

Posted on Planning 47

Hello Everyone, it's been a while since I last posted, but my big sis has just got engaged and so I've been chatting with her about dresses. Would you share a piccie of your dress and tell me the brand and rough cost of it? She is finding it hard to work out how much she needs to spend, where to...

Hello Everyone, it's been a while since I last posted, but my big sis has just got engaged and so I've been chatting with her about dresses.

Would you share a piccie of your dress and tell me the brand and rough cost of it? She is finding it hard to work out how much she needs to spend, where to shop, and in particular what she could get for less than £1000.

Thanks so much for your help as always!

FYI this was mine, it's a Mori Lee and was £800

47 replies

• moomin8804
    Beginner July 2009
    moomin8804 ·
    • Hide content

Leni, the second dress is the one i've just bought!!!!! It's beautiful!!!! ?

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What is the dress name/number?? I've seen a Alfred Angelo one very similar which i love so may have to try them both on to see which i prefer. Similar prices too! x

• moomin8804
    Beginner July 2009
    moomin8804 ·
    • Hide content

• leni
    leni ·
    • Hide content

Moomin - my MIL2B loves it, my mam likes it - I'm liking the 3rd better. The Fiona Viel goes with it a treat! for the viel, pink by paradox shoes, dress and alterations it was £600

Spink it's Mori Lee 4163 - seems very popular when I've been looking about!

• moomin8804
    Beginner July 2009
    moomin8804 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with you, the third dress is lovely! I think it depends what you're going for! I picked the Mori Lee dress because it was simple yet sort of princess-like if you know what i mean! I suppose i fell in love with it's simplicity! The third dress on the other hand, is completely different! The sparkles and the detailed hems just make that dress beautiful! I'm the worst person with wedding dresses, i liked every one i tried on, but i LOVED the Mori Lee one which is what set it apart from the others!

• boogiebelle
    Beginner August 2009
    boogiebelle ·
    • Hide content

Maggie sottero - claudia - Cost me £845

• L
    Beginner April 2010
    loxtonm ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Pure Brides in Norwich and got in the sale. It was £830 but I paid £199. I would reckonmend going to the sales when the shops have them.

I must get someone to take pictures of me in it. Tried it on for my MIL today and she loved it. So with the price I paid I got more money to spend on other things.

• Fozzy Bear
    Fozzy Bear ·
    • Hide content

I would try Sophia Tolli, former chief designer with Maggie Soterro, but has branched out on her own, so not established in her own right yet.

Mine is "Heather" from her fall 2007 range:

Hope that works if not:

https://www.sophiatolli.com/Fall2007/pages/Y2725.htm I (my Dad) paid £895 for this one and the internal corsetry is very high quality.

• MrsWoozle
    Beginner November 2007
    MrsWoozle ·
    • Hide content

Your dresses are lovely and all such great bargains too! Thanks so much for sharing and all the advice!

• K
    kim x ·
    • Hide content

Here's mine. it's a Hollywood Dreams Dress and I paid £450 for it from ebay.

• chicken82
    Beginner May 2009
    chicken82 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is by trudy lee.

Aparently it is rrp is more than i paid, which was £750. Im stillnot keen on the actual model shot of it, but i like it on me so have added all the pics!

• debs1701
    Beginner
    debs1701 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is a Mori Lee, part of her bridal collection and I got it for £695

http://www.morilee.com/ViewLarge.aspx?C=1&D=2181&P=1

http://www.morilee.com/ViewLarge.aspx?C=1&D=2181&P=2

http://www.morilee.com/ViewLarge.aspx?C=1&D=2181&P=3

Sorry no pics of me in it yet

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

I found my dress today! It's an Alfred Angelo. Mine will be ivory and cost £535.

• fiona84
    Beginner July 2009
    fiona84 ·
    • Hide content

my mum paid£1040 for it and ive got my alterations on top of that. (eekkk first fitting on tuesday)

• S
    Beginner November 2006
    Sunny Day ·
    • Hide content

Wow ladies!

Ive been married for 2 years now but miss wedding planning! I forgot how gorgeous wedding dresses are!

Heres mine!! (not a great pic but the only one Ive got here!)

It was Forever Yours, cost £350 of the peg, but that was 2 years ago!!!!

• MrsWoozle
    Beginner November 2007
    MrsWoozle ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much everyone, such great dresses. My sister has just looked through all the of the pics and has found them really useful and has got some ideas now.

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics