Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Buzzee
Beginner January 2012

Another way of saying "for richer for poorer etc..."

Buzzee, 1 November, 2011 at 16:04 Posted on Planning 0 6

I am writing my own vows and would like to end with something similar to the traditional "church" vows which are:

"for richer and for poorer and in sickness and in health" - does anyone have any alternatives to these as the civil registrar won't let me have them as they are taken from the church wedding wording!

Ta!

x

6 replies

Latest activity by Nenas, 2 November, 2011 at 13:30
  • Nenas
    Beginner March 2012
    Nenas ·
    • Hide content

We have '...through good times and bad...'

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks chococlate_e - I already have those words just before it, but struggling for what other words to add!

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

Have sent you an email with our options for vows as I think they are copyright so best not to post on WWW!

• Nenas
    Beginner March 2012
    Nenas ·
    • Hide content

Hmm, will have a proper look tonight to see what the whole thing is.. there may be something moer after it Smiley smile

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

We had the same problem!

I don't have a copy of the words we used to hand but from memory it was something like: "I promise in the presence of our families and friends to stay by your side as your faithful husband/wife, through the good times and the bad, in prosperity and in hardship, whether healthy or sick. All that I have, and all that I am, I give to you; I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of need, and be open and honest with you always, for as long as I shall live". Think there was something after that too but I've forgotten the wording and the order now, sorry!

• Nenas
    Beginner March 2012
    Nenas ·
    • Hide content

So ours is:

I promise to care for you with love and friendship, to support and comfort you through good times and through troubled times. I promise to care for you with love and patience, to respect and cherish you and to be faithful always. These promises I make to you for the rest of my life.

• Nenas
    Beginner March 2012
    Nenas ·
    • Hide content

Eep, no idea why its tiny, sorry!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics