Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Starlight85
Beginner June 2011

Another wedding at our church in the same day!!!

Starlight85, 26 of May of 2011 at 21:03 Posted on Planning 0 6

My H2B has just spoken to the organist for our church and been told that there is anothr wedding there on the same day. Our service is at 12 and theres at 3. But we havn't been able to get through to the church warden and I'm worrying!!! I know there is a ok time gap between the two, but I sooooo don't want people showing up when we are at the church to set up or even just people arriving early. Im also worried about what it means with regards to leaving flowers at the church, plus we are having an archway at the door of the church, which we can't move but it is in our colour scheme. I also kinda annoyed that the church hasn't bothered to tell us about this. Am I worrying and annoyed for no reason? I know I need to speak to the church warden but I know I am going to be worrying about this now and I don't need more stress only 3 weeks out. I just needed to tell somebody and hope somebody could put it into perspective for me. ☹️

6 replies

Latest activity by judeclarke, 26 of May of 2011 at 22:03
  • Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

Dont worry too much, we went to a wedding in a church at 1pm and the next wedding was at 3pm and we didnt see the other wedding party at all. The churches often have several weddings a day but they should have told you so you can find out what to do re the flowers. Are you having all your photos in the grounds of the church? If not you will have moved away from the church area anyway so it will be fine.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I really don't think you need to worry. Taking into account your service length and some pictures at the church, you're never going to be there after 2pm at the latest. No one is likely to turn up to a wedding an hour early - the groom doesn't even tend to get there until 20-30 mins before.

What are you worried about regarding the flowers? And if you weren't planning on taking the arch with you it doesn't really matter - just make the warden aware and I'm sure they'll arrange to move it if the other wedding couple don't want it there.

Don't panic - it'll be fine x

• kerrylou89
    Beginner August 2011
    kerrylou89 ·
    • Hide content

Try not to worry, our local church had 2 weddings the other weekend and it worked fine. If your worried about the flowers just keep trying to get hold of the organiser Smiley smile dont worry it will all be fine xx

• alocin88
    Beginner
    alocin88 ·
    • Hide content

It could be blessing in disguise - maybe you could get hold of the other bride and if you have the same colour scheme - you could share the cost of the flowers!!

I am sure all will be well - it is quite common for there to be more than one wedding at a church on the same day so the warden etc will be old hands at it all!!

Good Luck

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

We were in the same position, unfortunately the other couple have disappeared off the map.....

I looked at it this way - churches are used for lots of things I would much rather bump into another bride and groom and guests and wish them well than a coffin and funeral! with regard to flowers, they maybe like me are hoping you leave them as they can't afford them.... we are not going to have much in decorations in the church...

enterflora - we are having catholic service - not the full communion, but in the parish I am getting married it is usual to have two and has been known to have three weddings.....

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Some churches can cram 4 weddings into an afternoon, so 2 shouldn't be a problem. The church we went to when I was a kid decorated the church with white flowers as a matter of course for all wedding weekends. 45 minutes for the service, 30 minutes out front for photos then the party moved round the back if they wanted more pictures, just in time for the next batch of guests to start arriving.

So nothing to worry about really unless you want to take your flower arch with you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics