Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Savvy April 2022 Essex

Anxiety about no-shows on the day? Or did this happen to you!

Emma, 20 of April of 2022 at 22:05 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 1 3
3 days to go! We had 2 people who RSVP’s pull out last month (understandable reasons) and I’ve just had a friend come over to say her, her partner and her child are now going on a last minute holiday this weekend so can no longer attend - not nice to hear 3 days before wedding but I sucked it up and grinned through it and accepted these things happen. Now I’m worrying, we have a small ceremony and reception of 80 people. The hall is for 100 but they said 80 was fine as we wanted a bit smaller and didn’t want to invite to many extended friends and family. I can’t help but worry on the day only say 50 people will arrive. All of these people are friends and family so would hurt a bit. Anyone had this happen? How did you react? Did you care on the day? Or did you worry about this and then it not happen?

3 replies

Latest activity by SoftBunny, 4 of January of 2024 at 22:20
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    Awww, try not to worry about it! There’s always going to be a few people who can’t make it due to illness or emergencies. I’m sure the vast majority of your guests are looking forward to joining you this weekend, and will be there to help you celebrate.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I am stressing too! My Bridesmaid got Covid last week so in a way it is good but am worrying she will not be recovered by the wedding next weekend! We have not had anyone pull out yet, but is always a worry, but the way I see it is there is nothing I can do. I hope we would only get no shows due to illness or unforeseen circumstances which we would understand, I really feel for you with your friend, that really is not nice to hear so close to your wedding and is a litte rude if I am honest. honestly, i dont think you would have 30 odd people not turn up, you are so close so I would like to think you would have heard by now if people were not coming, you may get a few on the day ( i read somewhere it is not unusal for 10% of guests to not turn up) but just focus on you and H2B and the amazing day you will have with your guests that are there, a few empty seats is not the end of the world, you will have a fabulous time either way. Wishing you all the best and have a great day x

• P
    Beginner August 2023 East London
    Pia ·
    • Hide content

Thank you very much for this really interesting thread! Very useful!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics