I want to make my own, but not sure how/where to fold? I'm using doyleys

any tips?

8 replies

Latest activity by ajdown, 11 August, 2011 at 11:27
  • LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

Is this what you mean???? I found these on the Martha Stewart Weddings website

xx

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

It all depends on how big you want them. The quickest way to make them is to cut from the edge into the centre on a straight line and then start overlapping those cut edges until you get the desired size.

HTH

Nat

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

A simple type of cone can be made from square paper either cut in half as a triangle from corner to corner or for something slightly thicker folded in the same way and rolled to make a point at the corner and the straight side as the top of the cone. Glue along the outside 'flap' to hold it together.

• M
    Beginner December 2012
    mrsq2be ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much ladies!!! this was a real help to me!

i had a go last night ..........

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Will probably have a go at this ourselves as I guess you can't rely on everyone to bring the right type, or any, confetti. Making the cones is easy enough but I can't seem to find anyone that sells biodegradeable confetti in bulk to put in your own cones, it all seems to come in little boxes. Anyone have a source?

Could go for a mix of dried petals (which we have some of) or multi coloured rice paper type stuff.

We picked up a couple of small boxes at the weekend cheaply which we can divide but but it'd be nice to give most people a box instead of just a few.

• MissPanda
    Beginner March 2012
    MissPanda ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

http://shropshirepetals.com/packaging-options

I think these do what you're looking for AJ

• MissPanda
    Beginner March 2012
    MissPanda ·
    • Hide content

Oops... didn't see that you already had petals....

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

... which we bought from there Smiley smile

The dried petals are quite expensive and will probably save those for the close family to throw, and give the paper stuff to everyone else - hence looking for a bulk box/bag - unless the profit margins are so low you might as well just buy the small boxes and empty them into other containers I guess.

According to their site a 10 litre bag of petals is about £95 and there's no way I'm spending that much money for something that's going to be thrown and useless after a few seconds and a couple of photos, when really guests should be thinking about bringing their own anyway and it shouldn't be our responsibility to think of it for them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics