Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2013

Any Bournemouth Brides?

misscattykins, 28 January, 2013 at 15:45 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hello All,

Im looking to get married in Bournemouth this year and wondering if anyone has any recommendations? We are hoping to keep things small and simple, just close family and friends. We only have a 2 grand budget so not looking for anything particularily spectacular but would like something nice.

Ive so far been googling and hoping to make a trip down this month to check out some places, any recommendation would be graetfully recieved ?

1 replies

Latest activity by lisaloulou, 29 January, 2013 at 13:49
  • A
    apuskidu ·
    • Hide content

We got married at Kingston Country Courtyard near Corfe. It was beautiful. Not sure on pricing now though.

One place which wouldn't be at all expensive, but which would be very basic but beautiful location is at Branksome Dene - right up on the cliff overlooking the beach there are some community rooms, which you can book for wedding receptions http://www.boroughofpoole.com/leisure-and-culture/beaches/branksome-dene-community-room/

They are really basic looking, but ever since I've seen them I think they'd be a fab place for a party. Bit blowy, perhaps, but a potential beach location.

I know Bournemouth a little, but not loads. Good luck, it's a great choice of area.

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

We got married in The Orchid Hotel in 2008 - https://www.orchid-hotel.co.uk/

I'd recommend it. Not sure on budget, I guess it depends on numbers really but this was one of the more reasonable hotels we found per head. Its a lovely boutique hotel with a nice relaxed feeling which is what we wanted.

The compromise is the grounds though - they have a lovely indonesian themed courtyard (you can get married outside too) but there are no large grassy grounds for photos like at some of the big hotels in the New Forest. We had group shots taken in the courtyard and out the front then went to the beach for couple shots!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics