Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner August 2012

Any brides out there having a plain traditional band wedding ring?

pinkangel1989, 29 of January of 2012 at 15:39 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hello to all

Well I have just been and bought my wedding ring woop woop! managed to get it there and then as last one was in my size although not getting married til august!

I was looking at the ones with diamonds on etc but finally chose a plain white gold band to go with engagement ring. I do love my ring but every so often keep thinking is it too plain?

Any one else having a plain band? Flashes please

Thanks

15 replies

Latest activity by BlossomJ, 31 of January of 2012 at 00:44
  • vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a flash but my band is plain white gold.... ER has a round diamond and small baguettes on either side - anything other than a plain WR would have been too much with it.

• P
    Beginner August 2012
    pinkangel1989 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Vicster thanks for your response, thats what i thought that a wedding ring with diamonds etc would be too much but just worried will be too plain if on the odd occasion only wear wedding ring (as work in a nursery so have to be careful of er)

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I'm having plain palladium. The diamond ones were too fussy with my engagement ring.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

I have a completely plain white gold band, as does he - we made them for each other at a workshop thingy. I'm not allowed rings with stones at work, and I love mine.

This is the only pic we have of it:

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

Mine is plain palladium too - this is it with my engagement ring (which needs cleaning so excuse the scruffiness!):

I don't really wear a lot of jewellery, so my engagement ring has enough bling for me!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on having a plain ring too as not really too much of a blingy person, plus I never want to have to take it off, which I do with my ER so I just want something nice and simple where I don't have to worry about it IYSWIM

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I have a plain band in traditional yellow gold. I don't have a flash I'm afraid, but we never considered anything else. It won't be to everyone's taste, especially as it doesn't 'match' my white gold engagement ring (two diamonds and a sapphire, all the same size in a row) but I love it. He has a plain gold band too, he was worried that a silver-coloured band would look like one of those 'chastity' rings people wear to signify remaining a virgin until marriage!? (only because he looks so young)

The only people I know with wedding rings are my parents' generation and they all have plain yellow gold bands. So I was always quite used to seeing them and don't think they look too plain or anything like that.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Mine is also a plain white gold band - this is the only one i have to show and not very good sorry

• P
    Beginner September 2012
    PhoenixAngelic ·
    • Hide content

Am having a very plain platinum band. My ER has a phoenix diamond in the centre with 8 smaller diamonds down each shoulder so really looks like an engagement and eternity ring in one (tis lovely). Didn't need anything fussy for the wedding ring - it is full of meaning and therefore very special in itself.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a plain wedding ring. My engagement ring has a sapphire and two diamonds in it and when we put a diamond wedding ring next to it all the stones just looked sort of faded together and didn't stand out enough. So we tried a plain ring and immediately it looked so much nicer.

• Beckyv83
    Beginner September 2010
    Beckyv83 ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/155459.aspx

Here is my pic from a long time ago with a plain band! I still love it now!

• G
    Beginner April 2012
    gheko ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

Yes I have gone for a traditional plain white gold band. In fact we just picked them today (OH has not picked plain). I did look at the diamond ones and it came down to being between diamond and plain. I found with the diamond one it was fighting with the engagement ring. My engagement ring is unusual and stunning and i found the plain band showed it off to its best plus i am such a traditionalist lol.

Sorry dont have a flash but its from Beaverbrooks.

• Poppyseed
    Beginner July 2012
    Poppyseed ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a plain band wedding ring, i'm having it made, using both my nan's and my great nan's wedding rings with some extra gold to make it slightly wider and heavier. The only problem is my engagement ring is 18ct but the wedding ring will have to be 22ct.

• Perfection Weddings
    Beginner March 2012
    Perfection Weddings ·
    • Hide content

Mine is plain yellow gold 3mm as my engagment ring is really thin with a diamond

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

Im having a plain platinum court shaped ring. My ER is platinum also with a princess cut diamond and 7 diamonds on each shoulder so I thought my wedding ring should be plain to show that off. OH's is plain palladium. Hes not a lover of rings but likes his WR.

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

I would like just a plain yellow gold wedding ring but my ER has a slight twist in it... Anyone had this situation and do you have any pictures of ER & WR together?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics