Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2012

Any Brides with a fringe?????

MrsDWT, 19 of January of 2011 at 17:41 Posted on Planning 0 17

I'm really struggling to find wedding hair pictures of brides with a fringe, hair down and a viel in. I am at the hairdressers on saturday and need to decide to either keep my fringe or start growing it out.

Anyone out there have a full fringe? If so, how are you having your hair? Flashes is poss pls ?

C x

17 replies

Latest activity by SarinaCain, 21 of January of 2011 at 17:33
  • jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I get married couple of weeks after you. I have a full fringe but have decided to grow it out for my wedding as I have seen a few styles with swept back chignons, or spiral curls and my fringe is quite blunt, so I need a softer look. I have seen some lovely styles of brides with up do's and fringes in magazines.

Sorry no flash for you.

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    MrsDWT ·
    • Hide content

Yes i think i need to grow it out as i really want to wear my hair down, i never wear my hair up so dont want to do it on my wedding day.

I also want some loose curls in. I do wonder how they will get the veil to stay in my hair if i wear it down????? Hmmmmm

• Y
    Beginner August 2013
    yellowbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

My brothers wife had a fringe...xx

• J
    Beginner October 2011
    jade12345 ·
    • Hide content

I have a full fringe. loads of people have said to grow it out but i hate not having one (only ever grew it out once) so the fringe is stopping.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Ive a full fringe & tried to grow it out to a side fringe but I felt really bare so got it cut back in!

POA is Im having my hair half up half down & curled with a comb slide in where top half meets then the veil comb behind the sparkly comb (closer to my forehead if that makes sense).

But Ive started to like side tiaras so might change!

This is a pic from my hair trial:

• U
    Beginner August 2011
    universa_2k ·
    • Hide content

I had a fringe but have decided to grow it out for the wedding so its easier to style with curls etc.

• IDoWeddings
    IDoWeddings ·
    • Hide content

Oh mine is definately going!! It has to be grown out. I am only short anyway and look young. The fringe with a veil will make me look like a kid dressing up.

Also really want a classic bun (simple and classy) fringe will not work.

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    MrsDWT ·
    • Hide content

Decision made, i'm going to grow it into a side sweep for softer look i think.

I really want my hair down on the day but not sure if a veil will stay in it. I will have to speak with my hairdresser i think.

x

• K
    Beginner April 2011
    katmoore ·
    • Hide content

Im to growing my fringe but its at that awkward stage at the minute and keeps falling in front of my eyes,so clip it back! Im actually liking the change but will welcome my fringe back with open arms afters the wedding! ?
  • M
    Beginner May 2012
    MrsDWT ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did grow it out for 6 months before christmas, then decided i missed my fringe so cut it back in. Now i have realised i should have just kept growing it! grrrr so now i'm growing it again.

It will be getting cut straight back in after the wedding!

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I felt so 'not me' without my fringe & decided that on my wedding day to feel as good & as comfortable about myself as possible I needed to keep my fringe...like I want to look my personal best ever (teeth whitening, false eyelashes etc) but still be me? Does that make sense?

Because like you girls I was like 'My fringe is getting cut striaght back in, even before I go on honeymoon' so I started thinking - why put myself through this? I so hated trying to grow a side frind - i could never get it to sit the way I wanted it and it actually got me quite down! So after 6 months I got it cut back in, felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders & was really happy with my hair trial...I still like the pics with side sweeping fringes but just wasnt happening for me!

so best of luck to you ladies, please flash your progress! x

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    MrsDWT ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

SaSaSi - Thats exactly how i have been feeling! I love my fringe and i dont really want to hav to grow it out. I'm just struggling to find any example pics to give me ideas with what i could do with it. I have found 1 so far and basically it still had a full fringe but it had been ever so slightly parted and the loose curls in the hair. I want to wear down on the day as i never wear it up but i REALLY want a veil and i'm just not sure how its all going to look????

Have you got any idea how you will wear your hair and are you having a veil? Thank You x

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

If you are wearing a veil then you will probably need to have your hair either up or half-up-half-down so that the veil has something to grip on to. I am having most of my hair down and curly with just enough pinned up to hold my veil in place. As for you fringe, if you google 'wedding hair fringe' or 'wedding hair bangs' then loads of pics come up. The best thing would probably be to chat to your hairdresser - even if he/she isn't doing your hair on the day then I expect they would still give you some advice.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ive found these on line:

Im going to have a cathedral veil and I wont be having one that covers my face so it will all sit down - if you want to wear your hair down you will need a veil on a hairband?

But my POA is half up & half down, as suggested by my hairdress and she has said about putting my sparkly comb in the kind 'knot' in my hair and then the veil comb slides underneath it again. My mum is a hairdresser (but shes not doing our hair, she'll have enough to do !) and says thats standard & will work fine.x

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    MrsDWT ·
    • Hide content

Love Hitched!

You can always count on hitchers to help find inspiration. Looks like i will have to have it loosely half up.....

Thank You Guys x

• M and M
    Rockstar August 2025 West Midlands
    M and M ·
    • Hide content

I have a full fringe too and just looked through all my hair example pics and none have a full fringe, lots have a side one though! I think any style can work though, i often curl my hair and style up and down with fringe straight and looks fine! Good Luck x

• SarinaCain
    Beginner March 2011
    SarinaCain ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at the hitched suppiers under hair and makeup in Hertfordshire. I was looking on there at the websites of the top rated HIBs and they had pictures of real brides..one particular one had loads of pics of brides with fringes.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics