Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Curious December 2021 Somerset

Any December 2021 brides.

Claire, 1 of January of 2021 at 09:08 Posted on Planning 0 10
So I’m getting married in December 2021. Does anyone know when you need to start booking in the bridal boutiques to try on wedding dresses. Thanks

10 replies

Latest activity by Amy, 9 of January of 2021 at 12:21
  • R
    Dedicated September 2021 Essex
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Claire! I got engaged end August and only wanted to try on some dresses in September, for an idea of what suited. However, I'm a little spontaneous and ridiculously bought from the first shop!

I would say to begin now if you're looking to order a dress in, however there are off-the-peg options too that you can take away the same day, so don't worry too much if you're in a high Tier atm.

• C
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Ruth! Congratulations on your engagement. I got in engaged in September. What style of dress have you gone for? I’ll probably going to get one to order in. I have seen a few dresses online that I like. We are in tier 3 at the minute so will give them a call. Thanks for your advice.
  • R
    Dedicated September 2021 Essex
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats to you too! Which date have you planned for in December?
    The dress is nothing like I thought I'd go for. I was looking for simple, boho numbers but instead have gone for an ornate 1920s style with a long lace train. I guess I thought, let's just go all out for a December wedding!

Which style are you keen on?
  • C
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! That sounds amazing. All I know is I want something with straps and Lacy. Would love a nice long veil. Sometimes I wish they just had a few designs as it’s so difficult to pick as I’m so fussy and want it to be perfect.
  • G
    Beginner December 2021 Shropshire
    Gina ·
    • Hide content
    Hi
    We’re getting married December 21 too! We got engaged in August and I was hoping to wait until COVID had quietened down so I could go shopping with my mum, OH’s mum and bridesmaids but as that’s not looking very likely, I’ve just started trying to book appointments now. Good luck! Smiley smile
  • C
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Gina! Congratulations on the planning. So do you have much booked up yet. It is very tricky time at the moment but I’m trying to not let Covid spoil it. Are you getting married anywhere nice? ?
  • G
    Gina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, I’ve had friends who have had to postpone weddings, so reminding myself it’s not so bad! We’ve done most of the big stuff - venue, caterer, registrar, photographer and just about to book a DJ. I’d like to sort the decor/flowers and hair and make up in the next few weeks too. How are you getting on? We’re getting married at a barn in Shropshire, can’t wait, it’s really pretty at Christmas. What about you?
  • C
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I pretty much organised as well. Register ,Venue booked, Photography, Florist, Cake lady, DJ, Make up and hair artist.
    We are getting married at a Georgian Manor house in Wincanton near Somerset. They said the venue will have lots of real Christmas trees up and Garland round all the open fires. It’s so exciting. Just trying to work out when to book appointments at the wedding boutiques.
  • G
    Gina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh it sounds lovely ?! Good luck with the dress hunt!x
  • Amy
    Beginner July 2023 Northamptonshire
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I see a Monica from Friends situation coming on ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics