Any December 2021 brides here.

15 replies

Latest activity by Westytowalker, 21 of January of 2021 at 21:08
  • R
    Dedicated September 2021 Essex
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    Yes, hello! December 11th (hopefully!)

I'm probably going to regret asking, but how far along are you in the planning? (I'm not very far at all... Changed plans and now back to square one!)
  • C
    Curious December 2021 Somerset
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello. I’m December 4th.
    I’m pretty organised if I’m honest. Sent out the save the date cards already. Booked the venue, photography, florist, cake lady. Also sent out my bridesmaids proposal boxes. Got a colour theme.

Also I would recommend booking the register as early as possible once you know your venue. Loads of times slots we’re already booked up for December. Which is crazy to think.
  • R
    Dedicated September 2021 Essex
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Eek! I had better get the new venue pinned down! We have booked a time at a registry office and a private space in a restaurant but now want something slightly grander.

And you're right, it is crazy that things are already filling up for over 11 months away!
    Well done you though, you sound sorted. Which type of venue have you booked?
  • C
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have booked a Georgian County House in Wincanton. It’s called Holbrook Manor. We have exclusive use which will be nice. So no rushing around in the morning. Do you have any ideas on where you would like to get married? It’s crazy how quickly the cost goes up.. It will also be nice as a partner is in the Military.
  • ExpensiveBlueStationery94691
    Beginner December 2021 West Sussex
    ExpensiveBlueStationery94691 ·
    • Hide content
    Hello I’m hopefully 22/12/21 ??

I’ve done a lot got lost things booked but we haven’t sent out Any save the dates yet as we are worried as we have a list for 30 and 15 but the list for 15 is without their partners and kids so we didn’t want to have the awkwardness of being like save the date nope your not coming sort of thing
  • C
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Fingers crossed for us all that things will be better this year. I have sent out my save the dates already and I’m sure people will understand with the current situation. So I wouldn’t worry. We haven only invited children that our family. Lucky for us that’s only 4 children.
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    See 30 is only our immediate family anyway ? I’ve already limited my sister with 5 children to only bring 2. I know what my other halves family are like and I can’t deal with the headache from it. I want to send them out but I know it will be a million of questions and at the mo it’s all planned and paid for and no one knows a thing about it as I just want to be left to it and not have anyone try to sway me or have their input
  • C
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know what you mean the stress of it all from family is a nightmare. We plan to have 60 for the day and 90 for the evening. Even my OH parents wanted to invite their friends I was like no way as we have limited space. The arguments that caused was a headache. My sister in law to be is being so demanding about what she will and won’t wear is annoying me already. I wish I never asked her now to be a bridesmaid. Luckily the rest of it has been pretty easy and stress free.
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I’ve tried to keep it as drama free as possible we was only planning 30 day and 90 evening guest (we work at the same place so everyone is invited to the evening but only family during the day) we are funding it all our selves so that way they can’t have a say. When we got engaged his sisters thought them and their kids would be bridesmaids but I only really wanted my daughter one of my sisters and her girls but my sister didn’t want to as she doesn’t like any attention which I understand and I can’t really have my nieces without having his so I’m having one bridesmaid my 9 will be 10 then daughter as I just want an easy life ?
  • C
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think we all want a easy life. It’s amazing how much things add up when you mention the word wedding. Couldn’t believe how much Florists charge. But I’m quite fussy and want it to be perfect ? Luckily for us we both have good jobs and saving put aside to pay for our wedding. I have 2 nephews. So they will be page boys. Luckily I don’t have any children so my sister and best friend will be bridesmaids. Also have two young flower girls. Let’s hope they behave ?‍♀️
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It does get abit pricey I’ve tried to do as much as I can myself as I like all the crafty things but at the moment I’ve put a pause on it as the uncertainty is doing my head in. Plus the fact do we stay with the date or change to the year after ?
  • C
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I wish I had the time to do crafty stuff. I see from your picture you work for the NHS. I do too. So am working crazy hrs at the minute. I don’t think I could change our date as I organised so much. I guess as long as Me and my OH were there then I wouldn’t change it. Have you brought your dress yet?
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I work for the NHS I’m only part time but it’s been crazy with everything that’s going on. We kind of have to stick with Christmas as we have brought everything with that in mind but here’s to hoping we don’t after all this I wish we had just done it us and the kids in the registry office but we would loose too much. I haven’t yet as haven’t really had the time to go dress shopping plus I have no idea what I want I keep changing my mind! How about you have you found the dream dress?
  • J
    Curious December 2021 Oxfordshire
    Jenna ·
    • Hide content
    Hey everyone.

I’m the 4th December too! Yay!
    I’m so excited, we got engaged September 2020 and the one stipulation I had was that I wanted a winter wedding haha.
    I also think, with the current pandemic it might buy us a bit more time to hopefully have as many people for the ceremony and reception as possible.
    We are going a bit ‘non-traditional’ - with the mounting costs of hiring a venue (and it’s ts &cs), catering etc. we decided to have a registry office ceremony and then the reception at our home.
    Hoping to hire a marquee for in the garden and use what is our new, current living room as a dance floor haha.
    We’ve built our own extensions for the house, and a DIY wedding reception is very much us. It means there’s a bit less financial pressure on us, as I’d like to go to the Maldives for our honeymoon.
    We’re holding off invites til the spring/summer, and so too booking the marquee, music and food to hopefully have a clearer idea with COVID. We’ve decided we’ll get married this year regardless.
    I have my dress and it’s been altered, I absolutely love it!
    My rather long list of things to buy and do isn’t really being looked at for a few more months yet!
  • W
    Beginner December 2021
    Westytowalker ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm also December 11th! Smiley ring

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics