Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner

Any experience with these London red bus companies?

Fets, 18 of July of 2011 at 15:48 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi all,

my wedding is coming up later in the year and I have been getting quotes from red bus companies to get our guests from registry office to venue. I wondered if anyone here had had any experience with the two which I have the cheapest quotes from. Thanks for any help you can offer, would love to hear if anyone here had used them or booked with them.

They are Traditional Travel and Routemasters For Hire.

Cheers,

14 replies

Latest activity by audreylondon10, 22 of August of 2016 at 11:36
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

No, but I can recommend the one we used: www.omnibuzz.co.uk they were quite good, and the guests loved it! £495 per bus IIRC.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Just a quick question? Where will the guests be leaving thier cars? Will they be getting taxis to the registry office and home again afterwards, or do you plan to have them brought in from the reception venue so they can leave their cars there?

My friend had one for her wedding - she said it was fab, I think she went with Routemaster.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Timebus have some excellent marques of red buses. Their link is www.timebus.co.uk

hth

Peter

• F
    Beginner
    Fets ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all for your help.

The best quote I have is about £350 per bus so 495 would be a bit much. The good price I have been offered though obviously makes me want to be sure about the service I am going to receive. Hopefully I will find someone somewhere who has some direct experience.

It is a central London wedding so taxis and public transport will be the order of the day. Unless any of my guests go mad and want to bring their cars and find parking.

Thanks for letting me know about Timebus. I did get a quote from them, but they came in about £100 more expensive than the other quotes.

Any other input would be much appreciated, thanks for everyone's help.

• J
    Beginner June 2013
    janiejuju ·
    • Hide content

Hi Fets,

DO you mind letting me know which company it was that quoted £350? Everything I have seen is almost double that!

• F
    Beginner
    Fets ·
    • Hide content

Sure thing, although not quite sure why I put that as it was actually £380 per bus not 350. I think it is that price because we are booking two buses. That is from Traditional Travel. Routemasters For Hire quoted 395 for each bus but they will also do a price match. I decided to go with the one that quoted cheapest first as they seem pretty nice. The only company I have got multiple good feedback for is TimeBus, but they were 525 per bus. Hope this makes sense, happy to answer any other questions... or if there is any feedback out there.

• F
    Beginner January 2012
    Frankie124 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

Just wondering what your experience with Traditional Travel was? We've just got through quotes from a few and found them very competitive.

Thanks!

Francis

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    Bethmdoyle ·
    • Hide content

Are these quotes for one way or return? We have having a large (72 seater) red routemaster to take our guests to the ceremony and back again. Is about a 20 minute journey each way and our ceremony venue has awful parking so thought I would make it easier for everyone. Our quote is 615 though, that's for both ways.

xx

• F
    Beginner
    Fets ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we did go with Traditional Travel in the end and our experience with them was great. Well I say great, I didn't travel on the actual bus, I was in a black cab, but our guests all had a good time, they played music on the bus, and they were very easy to organise stuff with when I had to change the pick up time a little. Would recommend.

• F
    Beginner January 2012
    Frankie124 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Fets,

Thank you for this - very helpful!

We're getting everything booked up this week :-)

F

• E
    Beginner May 2015
    ExpensiveGoldDiamonds12 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Guys

Does anybody know of a wedding bus company that will allow you to serve alcohol (champagne) on board as you transport your guests from the ceremony to the venue?

Thanks!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

IIRC, Timebus have no problem with this....just no smoking.....

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyBrownDiamonds136 ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Has anyone used London Retro Bus Hire? http://www.londonretrobushire.co.uk

We've just had a quote through for £410 - very reasonable we thought. But I cannot find any reviews or see any pictures of actual events on the website.

Thanks!

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    MKemp ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We used London retro bus hire for our wedding, and have since rebooked them for a tour around London as we have family visiting from Australia. They were very prompt and the staff were helpful and friendly. We had no problems but have nothing to compare them to as had never booked anything like this before.

Maggie x

• A
    Beginner August 2016
    audreylondon10 ·
    • Hide content

No but for our wedding this year we used London Bus Company and they were extremely good and reliable (journey from shoreditch to mayfair)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics