Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Choccyaddict
Beginner May 2010

Any expert seamstresses out there? Help desperately needed!

Choccyaddict, 15 May, 2010 at 21:37 Posted on Planning 0 8

I have a beautiful dress Grace by Charlotte Balbier. It has a v-neck lace overlay with satin sweetheart neckline underneath, it was a size 14 and I have a size 10 bust, currently the sweetheart shape is too wide for my bust, what Ithink needs doing is the lace unpicking from the satin, the satin part re-shaped to fit and then reattched. Is this possible? My seamstress says she has done her best but it is not good enough! I get married in 2 weeks!!!! HHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP

8 replies

Latest activity by DebbieD, 16 May, 2010 at 12:04
  • DebbieD
    DebbieD ·
    • Hide content

Whereabouts are you? I know a couple of seamstresses in the Hertfordshire area if that's any good to you.

• Choccyaddict
    Beginner May 2010
    Choccyaddict ·
    • Hide content

I'm in Cheltenham, but would travel to someone who could fix it!

• M
    Beginner October 2010
    mrssaleem ·
    • Hide content

Im a herts bride, would you mind messaging me any seamstress details you may have? Thank you for your help.

• DebbieD
    DebbieD ·
    • Hide content

I suggest you contact Sarah at Confetti Bridalwear in Tring - this is her website: http://www.confettibridalwear.co.uk/

She's a lovely lady and does all the alterations to the wedding dresses she sells, so if anyone can fix your dress for you, she can. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• DebbieD
    DebbieD ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hiya. I know a few seamstresses - what did you have in mind and whereabouts are you?

• A
    Angelweddings ·
    • Hide content

Hi DebbieD

sorry to jump on this as well, but I am a bridesmaid for a friend of mine in a couple of months, we have brought dresses from Debenhams, and mine needs altering around the bust area, I am based in Hatfield, any chance you might know someone local to me, I don't mind travellin

Hope you may be able to help

Thanks in advance

• A
    Beginner December 2010
    anglefish ·
    • Hide content

Hey

sorry to crash your thread but i got my bridesmaid dresses from monsoon and they need taking in and im looking for a seamstress in hertfordshire as well xx

• lateweddingdate
    Beginner August 2010
    lateweddingdate ·
    • Hide content

Hello I know a good seamstress in Cirencester which isn't to far away from you it's called The Sewing Room.

• DebbieD
    DebbieD ·
    • Hide content

For wedding and bridesmaids' dress alterations, the best person to help you would be Sarah at Confetti Bridalwear (see earlier post).

For other alterations, drop me an email and I'll pass it on to a couple of other dressmakers for you. My email address is ******@***************.***

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics