Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner April 2018

Any hidden gems? - South london/Surrey/Kent venues - £3-4k - Caribbean catering

RomanticRedCakes728, 6 of December of 2016 at 14:03 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help? We are trying to find a venue in South London, Surrey or Kent for around £3-4k for the hire of the venue. There will be around 100 guests and maybe a few more in the evening. We want to arrange our own catering, as we want Caribbean food to be served.

If anyone knows anywhere or any hidden gems please let me know!

Thanks!

4 replies

Latest activity by martinnathalie, 24 of March of 2017 at 12:35
  • Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

Not sure if it's too far into Kent but have heard good things about a place called The Night Yard.....near Canterbury. They're on facebook and have a website so might be worth having a look.

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

Was at an xmas fair at Whitstable Castle yesterday and whilst the venue wouldn't be suitable there were a couple of guys selling Caribbean food. They're called Jerk Spice and are on facebook. Hope this helps.

• C
    Beginner December 2017
    CandlesAndConfetti2912 ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I am getting married at Oaks Farm Barn in South London next December. I absolutely love it!! You have to use one of the caterers that they recommend, but there is a big range - including Caribbean food!

http://www.oaksfarmweddings.co.uk/your-wedding-breakfast/caterers.html

We are paying £3,300 for venue hire but that is on a Friday in December - cost goes up for Saturdays in the summer.

The venue hire also includes use of their on site honeymoon cottage for your wedding night. The owners have been so helpful and accommodating and the wedding is still a year away.

There is also a Premier inn down the road which is great if guests are travelling.

Smiley smile

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticBlueHair746 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I have just booked my venue in Gravesend Kent called Elite Venue. The prices are much cheaper than you have stated.

The Things you have to take into consideration are cockage costs and crockery hire if you want to use the items that they have to hire. But for what you pay for the hire of the venue, it is well worth it

I am now just in the process of looking for and booking my carribean caterers

Good luck!!!

• M
    martinnathalie ·
    • Hide content

Hiya RomanticRedCakes!

How is planning going?! This may be coming a little late, but from experience I know that it can take a few months to make final decisions so thought I would chip in a gorgeous venue in the Kent Area. It's called The Orangery and it is so pretty!!! They have an open day/wedding fair coming up on the 23rd of April which would be the perfect time to look around. http://theorangerymaidstone.com/news/wedding-open-day-sunday-23-april-2017/

I'm not sure if it's definitely within budget but they do have some last minute options which could just bring it within your ideal spend!! Good luck with everything, I'm sure you'll have a perfect day wherever you choose Smiley laugh

Natxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics