Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

shoegal01
Beginner October 2010

Any lazy brides?

shoegal01, 20 December, 2009 at 19:28 Posted on Planning 0 10

Just been looking through some wedding sites and previous posts and i am super unorganised!

All we have is venue, provisional photographer and a florist.

I havnt done anything else, to me the wedding still seems so far away.

I know people who have pulled of a wedding in a few months and i am very much a 'lastminute.com' kinda girl,,,,im scared to order anything in case i change my mind, but then i read some girls posts and freak the hell out, some people hvae more organised for their 2011 weddings than i have for mine! eek.

Any lazy brides getting married next year who are more unorganised than me who can make me feel better?!

10 replies

Latest activity by brideseekingblush, 21 December, 2009 at 16:00
  • Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

Shoe Gal I was very unorganised up until yesterday!! lol As soon as I ordered my dress I went into WP overdrive!! lol Lxx

• nicyx
    Beginner May 2011
    nicyx ·
    • Hide content

This probably doesnt help much as im a 2011 bride but we havent booked or bought anything.... well except our "just married" flip flops (haha) i got from a wedding fare in Oct. Were getting married abroad in May 2011 and up untill last weekend we knew exactly where we wanted to get wed but now after chatting about it we have changed our minds.... were sticking to the same country ( Jamaica ) but are back to square one.... really just want to book somewhere to make it more real but im so glad we didnt as it wouldnt have been as easy to change our mind!!!!! Cant wait to book somewhere and buy things so i can start posting properly on here and contributing instead of just commenting and lurking........ so yes i think im a lazy bride.....

Nic x

• M
    Beginner
    Mheather697 ·
    • Hide content

Not to worry, you will pull it together. I have worked around weddings for years and I have seen weddings being pulled together in a couple of months you still have plently of time. I have found the venue but nothing else so far, i am July 2011 though. I am very lazy I have not even done my Christmas shopping yet!!

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

Hey Shoe! Good to "see" you ?

I think I am quite a lazy bride although I do have the major things sorted. Ours is at the end of July and we have sorted the venue, tog, videographer, florist, dress ordered, honeymoon booked, given notice.

But my hen weekend still needs to be sorted and I really need to sort my bridesmaids outfits out and colour scheme etc. As you say though, a lot of brides can pull it off in a few months so I'm not too worried yet. I think things will pick up in the new year for me.

How are you anyway? Looking forward to Xmas? I'm not feeling very festive this year, don't know why!

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

Stazzle!!! good t ''see'' you too!!

oooo you have made me feel more orgnaised already.....i forgot - we have given notice!!

Yeah i think i will get a move on with the planning in the new year - it just seems to soon to be organising things!

Im fine, work has been mad mad busy so i havnt had time to doss/hitch for ages!!! this morning has been slow so thought id get on quickly!

Nope not looking forward to xmas at all - again super unorganised and tried to go shopping yesterday but it was manic and gave me the hump! plus the shops had nothing i wanted and i work in the city so there are no bloody shops to shop at during lunch!!!! ber humbug!! bet your sorry you asked now!!!

PLUS its our busiest time of year so i am working all over xmas - boooooo hooooo!!!

When do you break up from work?

have you done all your shopping yet?

• flutterbye
    Beginner
    flutterbye ·
    • Hide content

Well, to make you feel better, we hope to get married next summer (7-8 months away) and all we've done is buy my engagement ring! We started looking at venues but haven't got very far yet (mostly because they're all booked up) and I have tried on a few dresses.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Get a band/dj booked up soon........i did that very early on in my planning to ensure I got a good band, specially when the summers so stocked out with weddings and grad balls etc...

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hate Xmas shopping, it's so painful - that's why I've probably done 70% of it online this year! Yeah I am pretty much done, want to get my brother something else and also need to get OH a few more bits but will probably do that this week on my lunch breaks or something - I'm quite lucky that there are a lot of shops near me (Canary Wharf) although it does mean I spend a ridiculous amount of money every month!

That's pants that you have to work all through Xmas - OH does as well as it's his busiest time of year too! As for me I'm working on Xmas Eve as we only have a half day, and then I'm off till 4th Jan, so get a nice break. Have had to take that as holiday though as our office stays open throughout!

Who are you spending xmas with, your family or OH's? I'm with mine this year, woohoo! OH's family are quite boring ?

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

waaaahhhhhhhhaaaaa!

Well i am going to my parents in the morning but we are having dinner at OH's mums - it was her 'turn' this year! But we are going round my mum and dads on boxing day for a curry and i am going to see Take That the musical with the old dear while OH and Dad go watch the footie, so i am looking forward to boxing day alot more than xmas day!!

I just spent the best part of a hour queing up in HMV to get a sh!tty cd!!! gah i hate xmas shopping, why cant i just get loads of presants and not have to buy any!!?

• Charlied
    Beginner October 2010
    Charlied ·
    • Hide content

It will all come together after Christmas, Im sure.

As you know, I now have my dress (although sure I wont fit in it ever again), photographer, venue, florist, caracaturist booked. Other than that nothing else is done its just 'all ideas in my head'

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Shoegal I don't neccessarily feel unorganised/lazy but I've still got quite a bit to do! Have sorted out:

Giving notice

Booking registrar

Photographer

My dress

Older BM's dresses (2 small uns to go)

Venue

Caterers (not menu yet)

DJs

Colour theme

Still not done anything on florist yet - so you're ahead of me there! Got the little bm's to sort out, men's suits...

I know some of the 2011lot are completely sorted - but meh!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics