Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

CBeckford
Rockstar July 2015

Any London brides? (2015)

CBeckford, 11 of November of 2014 at 20:32 Posted on Planning 0 22

Hi ladies,

i just wanted to know if there are any more London brides getting married next year on the forum. With just over 7 months to go, I'm beginning to realise how much there is still to think about logistically! We live in south London, my parents are in Essex and his family is in Poland!

would love to hear from you on how your plans are going and what venues you've chosen. We'll be having our ceremony at Stoke Newington Town Hall and the reception at Clissold House.

X

22 replies

Latest activity by makingpretties, 22 of January of 2015 at 01:57
  • teafortwo
    Beginner July 2015
    teafortwo ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm SW London based and getting married in Richmond. I think we're both getting married in July?

I just Googled your venue because I'd never heard of it, it looks lovely and that staircase is going to make for some great photos!

I think planning-wise we've got everything booked that needs booking bar hair and MUA because I'm finding it difficult to choose and they're so expensive! We feel like we're having to pay extra for things just because we're in/near London! How about you?

X

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

yep, I'm part of the July '15 crew!

Oh yes, I fell in love with the staircase! So glad when we found the venue, it was so difficult finding somewhere that wasn't ridiculously expensive, or really limiting with suppliers. We wanted the Horniman Museum at first, after receiving their 12 page eye-watering quote, we went back to the drawing board!

You're so right about the London tax. I've been lucky as I have a friend who's doing our cake and a work colleague is a florist in her spare time so she's doing the flowers for cost price.

I've found a MUA and her folio is AMAZING, let me know if you want her details. Struggling to find someone to tame my Afro though!

X

• teafortwo
    Beginner July 2015
    teafortwo ·
    • Hide content

I never even considered museums could be venues! The outside is pretty but I can imagine how much they probably wanted to charge! I mustadmit, I emailed a few places just for a comparison when we'd found ours and was sent through some rediculous quotes, we wanted pretty but we didn't want bankruptcy too!

Yes please! I'd love the details and will check her out. Regarding your hair, is it not something your usual hairdresser could do or could give you recommendations for someone else?

X

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

I'm one of those crazy ones that does my hair myself. Since I stopped getting my hair straightened I started using all natural products and treatments. I've had a few quotes back from recommended stylists some are not pocket friendly at all! Going to keep at it though. Don't fancy doing it myself!

X

• Future MrsMach
    Beginner August 2015
    Future MrsMach ·
    • Hide content

We live in South East London and our church is in Brixton whilst our reception is at Dulwich College. I've booked venue, date with church, caterers, TOG, dress, shoes. Although I have spoken to florist, cakes, videographer but need to choose. But it is working out to be so expensive!!

• T
    Beginner May 2015
    trewsie ·
    • Hide content

We are May 2015. We live in south east london, my family is north london and we are getting married Central. Ceremony and reception at Devonshire Terrace near Liverpool Street.

Need to give my self a kick up the bum with 6 months to go. Had a bit of a lul once all the big things were booked so need to get started on those little extras!

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like you're well on your way! We've got most of the big stuff out of the way (apart from my shoes!!) so will be DIY'ing over the next few months.

x

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooooh that's such a lovely venue! And totally weatherproof!

x

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

Hi all. I'm married but was a London bride so love reading about any Londonite brides! I got married in 2012 at One Great George Street.

Just to say, and the point of my post, a brilliant MUA/hair person is Sheila - she managed to tame my ridiculous jewfro. I was the same and never let anyone near my hair and going to the hairdressers is an ordeal, but she's brilliant and deals with lots of different hair

http://www.sheilamakeupartist.co.uk/portfolio.html

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant! Thanks for that clarehj!

X

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

Hey laides,

Just checking in on how planning is going. Just gone on a mini ebay spree! ?

x

• H
    Beginner September 2015
    HappyYellowConfetti121 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

I'm not from London but am getting married there! My fiance is from Enfield but we live in Wales (I'm Welsh). The wedding is at Enfield Registry Office in September then afterwards at Cheshunt Park Golf Club. Very excited but it is a bit of a headache organising a wedding 200 miles from where you live! I take my hat off to people that do it abroad ?

Lots of luck planning, everyone!

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm a London bride and July '15, too! We're getting hitched in Islington town hall- similar big staircase to you.

Wedding planning has begun in earnest this past fortnight as we finally announced it... been spending like crazy! Hahaha!

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The ITH staircase is gorgeous!! We almost went with that venue but the closeness of SNTH to the reception venue swung it for us.

x

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

I went to a reception at Clissold House a few years ago btw; SO gorgeous!! They had an ice cream van outside, and a fish and chip van turned up to serve the food which everyone ate outside on the tables. It was a really beautiful place.

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I bet that's stressful! I live right by those places, let me know if you need a hand from a local person Smiley smile

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

I've heard of all these stunning venues! We are getting married in August in Central London. Most of our family and friends are in London so we wanted to make it convenient to get to. Here is the link to our venue:

http://www.11cavendishsq.com/

So far we have booked the venue, photographer, DJ, and wedding dress. I know which BM dress to go for, just need to decide on colour. Currently trying to sort out hair and make-up (thanks for the tips, it is always good to get a recommendation).

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh that is a lovely venue! I've organised events here with work, the food is lovely too ?

x

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Thanks CBeckford! We haven't had our food tasting yet but good to know that somebody has given the thumbs up to the catering ?

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WE live in Enfield! =) getting married in Epping though. Here's the link for our venuehttp://www.gaynespark.co.uk

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I'm the recommended photographer for Clissold House! It's a great place to shoot, small and sweet really! And did anyone say staircase?

(This shot is not meant to be squashed- I never get why Hitched forums have this weird squashed photo thing!)

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

Eeeeek! Can't wait for our staircase pics!!! ❤️

• M
    makingpretties ·
    • Hide content

I recognised your venue from an earlier flash post...I walk in that park, its my local ? Both SNTH and CH are beautiful and the park itself offers some great photo opps too. The food at CH is yummy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics