Bowski, 4 of September of 2011 at 17:02 Posted on Planning 0 27

Or am I on my own?

27 replies

Latest activity by spacebabe103, 20 of October of 2011 at 20:45
  • Sammie180786
    Beginner October 2011
    Sammie180786 ·
    • Hide content

Oooh almost I'm the day before on the 21st!

• alocin88
    Beginner
    alocin88 ·
    • Hide content

Meeee!!!!

I am getting married on 22nd October!!

How's the planning going?

• N
    Beginner October 2011
    narie ·
    • Hide content

Me too!!!!!

I am getting married on the 22nd oct at 2pm.... I can't believe how the time is going so quick!!

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

Do you all still feel like you have loads to do?

I don't feel anywhere near ready!

• N
    Beginner October 2011
    narie ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry you are not alone! I am back to work tmrw after the summer hols, and although I have spent loads of time getting things made my to do list is still very long!!

We went to hear our banns read today which was lovely and are meeting the rev Tuesday to go through the service at look at the draft order of service (which i am now making!).... we will get there! Got my dress fitting in two weeks and panicing that I won't fit into it as my weight loss has not been happening!!

What's on your to do list??

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

I too have had a summer holiday of getting through the wedding list!

I need to do the place cards, the place card holders, table plans, order of services (i have all the bits I just need to finalize, print, cut and stick) Get my bridesmaids dress, get my bridesmaids thank you present, pay for loads of stuff, sort confetti, it seems to be getting longer as the days go by!

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    spacebabe103 ·
    • Hide content

Meeeee! At 2pm!

We also went to the 1st reading of the banns today, started off well until they read H2B's name out wrong. Oops! All sorted now though.

I am beginning to freak out, it's come round so quickly!

• D
    Beginner October 2011
    Dafodill ·
    • Hide content

I'm also getting married on the 22nd. Hello all!!!! Feeling reasonably prepared jst all the little things to do . The day before is going to be very busy as it's a DIY village hall job and we have everything to collect, set up, and decorate. Looking forward to it though.

• Butterflycake
    Beginner October 2011
    Butterflycake ·
    • Hide content

Sorry no the day before. YAY SAMMIE, I am getting married on the 21st. You are the first one I have found x

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

1pm, 22nd October. I pick up my outfit next weekend, feel like we're getting there at last.

Still to do:

finish centrepiece lights, put together OOD and print, print table plan & table name cards, confirm bookings with car, magician & hotel, get mum to finish bouquet, wear in shoes. About to order personalised liqueuers.

Waiting on delivery of OH's cravat & ushers cufflinks, and CDs for reception.

I feel like we've managed to cross a lot off our to-do list in the last couple of weeks and it's all coming together at last!

• Sammie180786
    Beginner October 2011
    Sammie180786 ·
    • Hide content

Hey same here 1st date twin butterflycake! Anything to do with your theme? Mine is butterfly influenced. Getting very excited now! How is it all going for you?

Goos luck in the last few weeks everyone Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner May 2011
    lukas222 ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry you are not alone! Goos luck in the last few weeks everyone

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

Another 22nd October bride! Made around 50 order of services at the weekend....still another 20 to do but after 5 hours I'd had enough (and ran out of ribbon!)

Have my hen weekend this weekend, but other than the table plan and the post box haven't got much else to do!

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    spacebabe103 ·
    • Hide content

I had my make up trial today. Absolutely love it, she did such a fantastic job that I can't bear to take it off. I've got false eye lashes too, fab!

Hair trial Saturday morning then it's hen do time!

Five weeks on Saturday ladies, aargggh!

I haven't made my order of services yet, or the menus. Also need to make the tags for the sweetie buffet and everyone's place cards.

Next Thursday is my next dress fitting (then it's only 1 month to go!). I think I have gained weight. Oops. But after the hen do I'm starting the 30 day shred. My dress is strapless and I'm worried my arms look really wobbly.

So much still to do and pay for. How's everyone else doing?

• alocin88
    Beginner
    alocin88 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies,

Can't believe it is 5 weeks tomorrow ... my to do list looks something like this ... Hope all your planning is going well

Dress - go for appointments to get it shortened

Order of Service - designed, just need to agree wording with vicar and then print and assemble them

Make up & Hair trials booked for first week in October

Buy gifts for Bridesmaids

Sort out Children's entertainer/Creche and assemble activity packs

Make confetti cones

Sort out family wedding photos to be displayed in ceremony room

Order cake from M&S

Pay lots of people!!

• brenda.hu
    Beginner June 2012
    brenda.hu ·
    • Hide content

Hi there ,my wedding is next year...hope you guys have a awesome big day, next month...

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Just when I thought we were organised: my corsetiere can't find the right material for my skirt, my bridesmaid dressmaker has fallen ill and we have to find another one, our wedding rings went missing in the post (but have now turned up - phew!) and my friend was so impressed with the sporran I made for my OH he wants me to make him one! We may have to go to London tomorrow if my corsetiere can't find material - we'll go to the wholesalers and sari shops in the East End.

But otherwise we're just about there - bouquets & flowers done, centrepieces done, OH's outfit done. Liqueurs are ordered, cakes finalised.

We have a table plan and OOD to print, and final phone calls to confirm with suppliers to make.

And we got the final catering bill - £600 under budget - woohoo!

In all we think we have come in under budget for the whole thing - even though we may have to fork out a bit extra for the new dressmaker.

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

Still to pay Venue, Florist, Hair, DJ, Suits, VOG. Made a bit of a *** up wit the budget and double counted some of OH's contribution so we are now £800 short. Have reduced the money behind the bar to a level that we still felt was worth it and used a credit card to then pay it off the following week when I get paid again!

Craft wise, I have 20 more order of ceremony booklets to do but debating whether or not everyone needs one (civil ceremony so more for information only rather than words for hymns)

Table plan and postbox still to do

Still have favour bags to fill although have all the fillings and bags

Need to get a camera for the kids I spy game and make their activity bags.

2nd dress fitting is to be booked in about 10days before the wedding although there shouldn't be too much of a problem there and I think that's it!

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

????????????????

ONE MONTH TODAY LADIES!!!!

• brenda.hu
    Beginner June 2012
    brenda.hu ·
    • Hide content

My big day is next year...

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

????????????????

I'm not sure whether I'm excited or nervous......maybe both, but definately stressed! My dressmakers all have their material now so I'm expecting dresses and waistcoats and corsets and skirt any day now.

And our liqueuers arrived yesterday!

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant on the material for your dress! One less stress!

I'm a bit like you. Torn between the two emotions and also worried that I have forgotten something fundemental to the day!! I'm going to Spain this evening to meet up with my Mum for a few days relaxation (she's just finishing her 3 1/2 wk holiday!) and then it's full steam ahead!

I don't believe I have much more to do. Need to book 2nd dress fitting which I'll do next week and BM's have their dresses and are getting alterations done today and Saturday so that's good. Men are all booked for their final fitting.

I have to make 20 more order of services, post box and table plan. I need to also get my engagement ring cleaned and buy some disposable cameras for the kids.

I have given up on idea of confetti cones. Whilst a nice touch I'm just going to buy a few boxes for those that have forgotten and get someone to hand out at the appropriate time.

• alocin88
    Beginner
    alocin88 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like you are all doing well with your preparations!

I have printed all the stuff for our orders of service and children's activity books - just need to assemble them all now ... a job for the weekend I think!

Otherwise I think things are going to plan, although I have a nagging thought that I have forgotten something ... can't be anything too important.... I have a groom and someone to marry us ... so if everything else is a disaster we will still be married, which is after alll the main objective of the day!!

:-))

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    spacebabe103 ·
    • Hide content

Starting to count down the days now!

Off to our venue this afternoon as they have an open day. Thought we may aswell take advantage. The weather is lovely so think we will have a wander around the grounds and think about photo opportunities. Will also see some of our suppliers and have some cake I reckon!

Got my final fitting on 7th October.

Only paid for the venue so far which is concerning me! Caterer wants £500 cash on the day to pay wages and rest will be invoiced. Florist was meant to invoice 10th Sept but hasn't yet. Church fees should be invoiced this week. Tog we are seeing 6th Oct so will pay that then. Anyone else still not paid anyone?!

Also, is anyone else not having a Videographer? Not sure if I'm going to regret it or not.

3 weeks 6 days!

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    spacebabe103 ·
    • Hide content

Aargh it's this month! And 3 weeks today.

Paid for the flowers today and picked up our honeymoon tickets. They have H2B's DOB wrong so got to get that corrected. Also picked up our Banns Cert so need to take that to the vicar with a cheque for church fees next week.

Have to make the name cards and sweet labels and do the table plan still.

Everyone else doing ok?

• alocin88
    Beginner
    alocin88 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies!

20 days to go - eeeek and yippeee!!!

My planning is going ok, just need to pay the final people, pick up my dress, get a couple of presents for ushers and put together some playlists for music to be played during the drinks reception and meal..... otherwise I think we are there!!

How are you guys all going?

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

I seem to be stressing about everything! It's not good.

The big stuff is sorted but the small bits that need doing (place cards, table centers etc) are stressing me out, I'm going to try and stop it now as it's not good I've been having at least 2 migranes a week due to stress so I'm going to go to the GP next week and see if they can prescribe me something just so I don't end up ill on the wedding day!

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    spacebabe103 ·
    • Hide content

Good luck to all my fellow 22nd brides. We have just had the rehearsal. This is it now, it's really happening!

Good luck everyone - see you on the other side!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics