Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2011

Any one else having 6 bridesmaids?

Sara-Jane, 15 June, 2011 at 15:48 Posted on Planning 0 16

Did anyone else have 6 adult bridesmaids? If so do you have any pics so I can see what it looked like? I am having 6 and am a little paranoid it will look silly. I have my 3 best friends who are my rocks and have been the most helpful through out my planning and just couldn't imagine them not being bridesmaids, we all went to school together and travelled the world together, we are very close and speak every day with out fail. I then have my two sister in laws to be and my cousin who I am also very close to she is more like my sister. So before I asked them all I did think shall I just have 4 and only pic one of my 3 best friends as they are more then understanding and then decided No I don't care what people think I will have who I want but as it's getting closer and I mention to people how many bridesmaids I am having most people are shocked! and I am paranoid it will look silly on the day! so any one else had 6 adults and did it look to many? xxx

16 replies

Latest activity by nanny plum, 15 June, 2011 at 19:11
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

One of my Brides the other week had 9 Bridesmaids & 2 page boys:

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to end up with 6 bridesmaids and I've been wondering if that was too much too to be honest, and 3 of these will be male so it might look even stranger! The only difference is that one of mine has been sort of forced on me, it's my cousin's daughter who will be about 10 (I think!) by the time it comes around. so 5 adults and 1 child.

Think I will probably look more odd than you!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

TBH I have always thought it odd when people have loads of BMs... it seems like they can't pick so ask everyone!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

The Bride above has a large family! Most are sisters of the Bride & Groom

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

HI SJ,

I don't think it will look silly at all. When I went for my 1st visit to see my dressmaker she was making some bridesmaid dresses for a lady. The lady was having 7 BM's with 7 Groomsmen to walk the BM's down the isle!!!!!

Me personally will only be having two BM's, a bestman and 2 ushers. Only because of the cost involved as we will pay for the dresses and suit hire.

• S
    Beginner August 2011
    Sara-Jane ·
    • Hide content

Well thankfully I got there dresses in the BHS sale so there dress and shoes are all bought, it is working out quite expensive for hair and make up though ?

• Hollie1984
    Beginner July 2012
    Hollie1984 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS!

I read somewhere that it depends of the size of the wedding. i.e. if you are only having up to 50 day guests then 3/4 BMs max if there are 100 then 5/6 etc etc. But obviously its ultimately your choice! Also i think it depends on how much room there is at the end of the isle, might look a bit silly if there are loads of BM's crammed it at the front!! ?

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 5. My sister, SIL2B and 3 best friends. I found this pic on Google and it looks ok to me with 6

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Hiya. I'm having five BMs and we're also having two best men, two ushers and a page boy.

My bridesmaids are all extremely close friends of mine and I couldn't have had one without the other four! We're paying for all outfits.

We are having 140 day guests and over 200 evening guests (including about 20 children) - we figured we'd need quite a few attendants for all of those people.

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs B 2 be ·
    • Hide content

I am having 6 and this is due to me having a massive family, I also have 2 flower girls. My cousin who got married 15 years ago had 10 bridesmaids which was a logistical nightmare and we were transported to the church in something that resembled a milk float with benches, but it was good fun.

I am concerned it is going to look like a gypsy wedding or something but I have made sure the dresses are very simple and I don't care, I am looking forward to having all the girls around.

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

At least with half of mine being male, I (shouldn't) have these issues!

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I dont think it would look silly, all I will say is just be careful and make sure you have no regrets, I am having 4 adult bridemaids, my sister, extremely close cousin, and my 2 best friends, I am also having 4 flowergirls all of which are my neices - the problem is the expense its cost a blinking fortune, not to mention hassle Ive had with a few of the adult bridesmaids resulting in me wishing I had just asked my sister and her alone, but hey ho the joys of planning.

• MandM90
    Beginner July 2011
    MandM90 ·
    • Hide content

If you can afford it, do it. I don't think it'll look silly at all. I love the look of lots of bridesmaids! I'm having three (plus a butch lesbian BMaid come best man) but thank god I didn't have any more because just for dresses, accessories, hotel rooms, hair and makeup they're probably costing us £300-400 each. Haven't even bought the shoes yet...

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

My cousin had 7: 2 older and 5 younger ones. Looked fine! If people think you've just asked them cos you couldn't choose then thats what they think! Its your day, its up to you!!

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

I still remember the Don't Tell The Bride episode I watched once where there were I think 9 bridesmaids. Don't worry what others will think. I think 6 is a good number if that's what you want! Smiley smile

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I am having 5 although two of them are my daughters who are teenagers. I managed to get a bargain on the dresses but all the flowers/hair/make up/alterations/bags/shoes etc cost an absolute fortune.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics