Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

yummymummy81_123
Beginner April 2012

any one know any make up artists in wigan or skem ???

yummymummy81_123, 16 of November of 2011 at 17:54 Posted on Planning 0 24

hello

ladies does anyone know any good make up artisit in wigan or skelmersdale i am getting married in april 2012 i got my hair all booked and sorted butg just nee find someone to do mine and my 6 bms make up

thanks for reading zoe xxx

24 replies

Latest activity by kelly504, 14 of March of 2012 at 13:43
  • luckylola
    Beginner September 2012
    luckylola ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I don't have any recommendations for you, but just wanted to day HI!!

?

I live in Wigan and travel through Skem all the time!

• Jules73
    Beginner August 2012
    Jules73 ·
    • Hide content

Hi! I don't live anywhere near Wigan but am getting married in Bolton next August. H2B's family all come from Wigan. I searched the internet and came up with mine and have booked her for my hair and makeup. Why not have a look at her website http://www.victoriamakeup.co.uk/ and see what you think. My H2B's brother got married last year and his wife used https://www.katiedale.co.uk/ of whom she was very pleased with and the bride did look totally gorgeous on the day.

You could try looking at the suppliers shortlisted in https://www.the-wedding-industry-awards.co.uk/find-a-supplier/north-west, this might help?

Hope these suggestions help. ?

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I have provisonnly booked a moble lady who is from Bolton i think, but at the moment and looking into hair-dressers and quite a few of them in Skem do make up also, so might cancel the moble lady and get it all done at the hairdressers, could this be a possiblity for you?

Or try and google make up artist for skem see if anything comes up - and if it does, let me know :-)

x

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry forgot to say the name of the make up artist is Louise Stewart x

• queenofspain
    Beginner December 2011
    queenofspain ·
    • Hide content

I'm using Erica from Levida Beauty who is based in Wigan. She is a mobile hair/make up (she also does airbrush make up for long lasting results) she is quite reasonably priced I think. She is also really nice and you feel very comfortable with her very quickly. I had my hair/makeup trial last night and I'm really pleased with it. She also does tiaras/accessories/silk flowers and she brought a big box of them along for us to look through for ideas! (which meant a very happy sister for me as she loves sparkly things!)

• yummymummy81_123
    Beginner April 2012
    yummymummy81_123 ·
    • Hide content

Hello there were abouts are u i am in pemberton xxx

• yummymummy81_123
    Beginner April 2012
    yummymummy81_123 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks i have sent u a message : ) xx

• queenofspain
    Beginner December 2011
    queenofspain ·
    • Hide content

Her website is http://www.levidabeauty.com :-)

• M
    Beginner March 2012
    MrsLeighToBe ·
    • Hide content

I have also booked levida beauty. Not having my trials until feb but i found her prices very reasonable. I live in atherton.

• K
    Beginner May 2013
    kelly504 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I just wanted to say hi, I'm also from wigan and finding it hard to find a good makeup artist in the area that will also come to my house.

Where are you getting married, you staying close to wigan?

Kel x

• yummymummy81_123
    Beginner April 2012
    yummymummy81_123 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies i have now booked levida beauty in wigan thanks for all your help xxx

• B
    Beginner September 2013
    Banner ·
    • Hide content

Just wanted to say hello to everyone, I live in Skelmersdale. Im getting married 2013 so I have a bit of time before I have to start looking at make-up hair etc. x

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey, another skemer here! although since we have been planning this wedding we have just currently moved to Morecambe, but still down in skem every other weekend. Where about are you getting married?

We are getting married at the West Tower x

• B
    Beginner September 2013
    Banner ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are getting married at Rufford Old Hall and then having an evening reception at Wrightington Country Club. I looked at West Tower it is beautiful. Because we are not having a sit down meal we could only have an evening reception there if it was Mon-Thurs but we wanted a Friday.

When are you getting married? You got any other things booked yet?

Smiley smile

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ooh we looked at both of them places but fell in love with the West Tower. Were getting married June 2012!! getting scarily close also!! eeks...

Have more or less got everything sorted, got all the big things (church/venue/cars/tog/dj) more or less straight away, have now booked flowers and centre pieces (gone with the florist in Sandy Lane - she was really good and the cheapest i found!) and have just sorted the BM dresses - just waiting for them to arrive.

As on this orginal post i had provisionally booked a make up artist who lives in Bolton but travels, but since every one has mentioned this other one ive looked in to her and she is cheaper, so may get in touch with her instead.

Have you much booked yet? who have you got for your tog? Where in Skem are you, old skem or Ashurst/Birch Green way?

• B
    Beginner September 2013
    Banner ·
    • Hide content

Your wedding will soon be here! How exciting!!

The venues are booked. A friend is doing are photography (little details photography). I have asked the MIL2B to do my cake. Im making the invitations. We are going to view a car on Saturday and just need to book a singer at the end of the month. I was thinking of booking the florist on Ormskirk Road. I havmt been to the one on Sany Lane yet.

Been having a look online for dresses but not been to any shops yet! I live on Fosters Green, top end of Birch Green.

Whats your colour theme?

X

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We looked at the florist in Ormskirk Road, but she couldnt fit us in for an appointment and wouldnt give me any price details unless i had an appointment booked with her so she kinda put me off, but in saying that i know a friend who had her for her wedding a couple of years ago and she said she was brilliant?! Sandy Lane ended up being the cheapest we found (was also a bonus that when in the shop discussing what we wanted our "song" came on the radio) he he.

Looks like your doing well with getting family members helping out with a few things. I got my dress from Southport "lucy briars" they were really nice, have no gone for bm dresses from littlewoods but the cheapest ones i found in any bridal stores was the little bridal shop in Ormskirk in church walks.

Our colours are Cadbury's Purple with Fushia Pink mixed in!, BM will be in purple dresses but having pink flowers etc.

We ended up getting our singer from Bolton, he seems really good, does Michael Buble to start with then a mix of chart stuff.

Good luck with your car hunting at the weekend!! x

(oh, i was living in Birch Green- Ferndale before we moved here to Morecambe, but dad is in old skem and the church we are getting married in is St Pauls). x

• yummymummy81_123
    Beginner April 2012
    yummymummy81_123 ·
    • Hide content

I have booked levida beuty im having a free consultation after xmas she is coming to hotel where we ared having our reception she is doing me my mum 7 bm and two flower girls hair. im getting married at st thomas the martyr in up holland

where are you getting married Kel

zoe x

• K
    Beginner May 2013
    kelly504 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am getting married at st thomas' in golborne and then our reception is at stanley house in mellor. Where are levida based hun, did you hear about them through a friend?

Kel x

• queenofspain
    Beginner December 2011
    queenofspain ·
    • Hide content

I got married on the 27th and used Erica from levida (she is based in wigan) and i cant recommend her enough! she was very resonably priced, did a lovely job on my hair and makeup. i felt fab.

She also did all my silk flowers and made my hair accesories for me and my bms/fg/mob and was as good at these as the hair and make up. she is really multi talented and a really nice lady as well, so comfortable to have in the house.

(please excuse the bad punctuation as im on my phone)

• yummymummy81_123
    Beginner April 2012
    yummymummy81_123 ·
    • Hide content

Hello sorry not been on for a while. i heard about her on here hun she is based in

Levida Beauty & Occasion Accessories
    Ms. Erica Dutton
    WIGAN
    WN4 8SL

Tel: **** 300

Mobile: **** 330

hope this helps

zoe xx

• C
    chrisashcroft ·
    • Hide content

Hello ladies,

If any of you are still looking for a professional make-up artist, I can highly recommend my girlfriend Donna Myers. She lives in Wigan.

She also works in two professional photography studios in Manchester.

Feel free to have a look at her new website http://www.donnamyers.co.uk and will be updated with more images soon.

She can be contact by email: ****@**********.**.** and mobile: **** 744

Not to make you feel guilty or anything, but I registered just to let you all know :-)

Many thanks,

Chris

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    katie_B ·
    • Hide content

We are using make up by Jodie, she is fast and really creative https://makeupbyjodie.co.uk/
  • K
    Beginner May 2013
    kelly504 ·
    • Hide content

I had a trial off Erica at Levida Beauty and she was amazing, would definietly recommend her and I am in the process of booking her for my wedding next may Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics