Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner June 2012

Any one used JJ's House???

ExcitedBride.com, 15 of August of 2011 at 10:12 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi All,

Has anyone used JJ's House for their BM dresses?? If so because they are in America is there anything 'extra' that I would need to do? I.e. customs taxes etc?

Also what do the made to measure dress come up like?

Where you happy with them??

x

14 replies

Latest activity by Sharon, 24 of March of 2023 at 14:33
  • E
    Beginner June 2012
    ExcitedBride.com ·
    • Hide content

Bump :-)

• K
    Beginner February 2012
    KannyBride ·
    • Hide content

I'd be interested to know the answer to this too! Bump for ExcitedBride Smiley smile

• E
    Beginner June 2012
    ExcitedBride.com ·
    • Hide content

Thanks KannyBride!!

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content

Bumpity bump bump ?

• T
    Beginner
    Tinkers1 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wandered this myself and I done a google search and found this: https://www.resellerratings.com/store/JJs_House? After reading these reviews, there are a mixture of good and bad, dont think I will chance it.

• ellenlouiserobson
    Beginner August 2012
    ellenlouiserobson ·
    • Hide content

Hi guys! Newbie here and couldn't resist posting to this thread after receiving my first bridesmaids dress from JJ's house.

My wedding isn't until next August but because of the good & bad reviews for this website I decided to do a test run with the dresses.

I ordered a single dress for one of my bridesmaids , just generic size no special measurements. I did however post in the website that my wedding was in November of this year. The estimated date for delivery was the 16th of October and I received the dress on the 21st of September. ( Much to my surprise! )

The dresses actually come from China by the looks of all the stickers on the packaging and I didn't have to pay anything extra just a little bit on postage.

The dress itself is absolutely stunning really heavy and thick lined , the colour is beautiful as well as the fitting and my bridesmaid is thoroughly happy with it! As am I!

Here are some pics! The dress is in the colour " Grape" and the sash is white.

Gorgeous!

• B
    Beginner December 2011
    BudgetBride2011 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I used them and was worrying after I kept seeing bad reviews on facebook which they delete but they turned up really quickly, I also got their standard size which I think is a little bigger than shops over here. I'm really pleased with them all, they're fully lined and boned. Just need a bit of alterations. Although I think I've now been charged tax on them, about £18 which is a bit annoying but I paid less than I would have otherwise.

• ellenlouiserobson
    Beginner August 2012
    ellenlouiserobson ·
    • Hide content

Yes I agree with the sizes being liberal. I panicked as I remembered getting my prom dress and was advised to always go up a size when buying this sort of dress.

I ordered a size 8 for my bridesmaid and she thought it was a 10. It doesn't hang of her but fits comfortably and does need taking up as she is only 5feet tall

• H
    HappyPurpleFlowers516 ·
    • Hide content

Its a nightmare shopping with this site!!

• S
    Beginner
    SunnyGoldDecor87555 ·
    • Hide content

DO NOT USE - their time frames and delivery times are very inaccurate...if you’re lucky to get it at all.
    They have a 24hr response to email queries that in reality is 3 days of you chasing.
    They missed part of my order and shipped it thinking it was acceptable to just refund the bit they missed..... yer I’ll just have a half naked bunch of bridesmaids! Who does that!
    When initially challenged regarding the whereabouts of my order. They lied and said it was being shipped that day with 3-5 working day delivery. 1 week later still no order. Found out it was still sat in the warehouse.

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

I have a jj house dress... its great quality and no issues

• R
    RomanticPinkDiamonds27411 ·
    • Hide content

My friend ordered a dress from Jjshouse and it never came. She contacted their help center couple of times and they were going round and round without resending the dress or offering some concrete compensation. No wonder most of Jjshouse reviews are about loss or refund and people are angry.

• H
    Beginner
    HappyYellowConfetti12932 ·
    • Hide content

Hey all

Think it sounds like a mix of good and bad. My besty just recently used JJ's House for her bridesmaids dresses because we were all kinds of shapes and sizes. We didn't have any trouble whatsoever. Dresses took about 3 weeks from order date to arrive and are all amazing quality.

We all got custom sized dresses and mine fitted perfectly, length, bust, waist everything. A couple of the girls had to get alterations, one due to personal choice (it was a halter neck with no bust support in, so she added some into it), the other due to losing some weight between measuring to order and it arriving.

The dresses are really good quality, nice heavy material and strong support where it states included (mine had full cups and boning built in). Amazing quality and service for the value and I'll definitely be using for a couple of my bridesmaid dresses!

• Sharon
    Beginner June 2023 Suffolk
    Sharon ·
    • Hide content

Bridesmaid dresses got lost in the post! JJhouse absolved themselves of the responsibility and expected us to chase up the delivery company - who have no customer services contacts.

After 3 months of waiting - we were told that the package was damaged and is being sent back to Singapore.

JJhouse will not refund or send replacements until they get the order back.....who knows when that will be as it took 3 months for them to be delivered in the first place.

They need to take responsibilty for using unreliable delivery companies - or at least help with resolving the issue. They could be more understanding when it comes to getting replacements sorted, it is an utter nightmare!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics