Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner October 2009

Any Other Brides NOT Enjoying Wedding Build Up?

Nicoletta, 6 October, 2009 at 09:45 Posted on Planning 0 5

Just wondering if any other brides out there did not/have not enjoyed all the planning that goes with organising a wedding?

I am getting married in November and although I am looking forward to the day, I cannot wait till this is all over!! Have had loads of stress organising everything, family fall outs, H2B arguments and so on...!

Can someone tell me that this does get better? Have not enjoyed any part of this build up!

5 replies

Latest activity by Gillsy, 6 October, 2009 at 15:04
  • *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

I'm not, purely because evey time we think/decide what we want, someone puts up a stumbling block. We've not even decided where we're getting married yet and I thought we'd have had it booked in August.

☹️

• The BFG
    Beginner August 2010
    The BFG ·
    • Hide content

Ahh hun big hugs for you x I've not experienced this yet but im sure as the day draws ever closer stress levels WILL rise! another reason why im trying to get everything pretty much sorted now, but then i start to worry that with 10 months still to go it leaves more time for things to go wrong!! ever the optomist lol

Try having some you time thats totaly non wedding related relax and take a break.

x

• laineywhu
    Beginner July 2010
    laineywhu ·
    • Hide content

I have been getting down and frustrated and pretty peed off, but I have also had some lovely days planning things, I think you have to take the rough with the smooth, I hope you start enjoying the planning soon *big hugs* x

• E
    Beginner February 2010
    Ema78 ·
    • Hide content

HI, I totally know how you are all feeling im am so stressed out and frustrated, im begining to feel like im having to please everyone but ME!!!!! AARRGGGHHHH

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Dont stress. Theres no point.

Hubby left me to do alllllllll the planning and on occassion I might have asked 'What do you think about........' and he'd give an ansa. I wouldn't let anyone else interfere, lolol. I took it each day at a time, writing lots of lists but then thats the type of person I am, I love planning for things.

I went through a planning lull where i got a bit bored as I had run out of things to look for....and it was just a case of waiting for the time to pass so i could start paying for the bigger things.....

many brides here havent necc enjoyed the planning of it but if you dont do it then nowt gets done. Dont get caught up with the MUST HAVES and just enjoys the NEEDS and LIKES.... that way you get a wedding YOU want, not one thats expected of you.

Get a scrap book. Write some lists. Keep a spreadsheet. Stick with Hitched. You'll be fine Smiley smile

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Teehee - couldn't have said it better myself!!!! I'm exactly like you when it comes to planning, I've really enjoyed it (so far) but I am a natural 'planner' in my daily life so WP has really given me something to get my teeth into.

Write some to do lists and I would recommend a spreadsheet to let you know where you are. Also all us girls (and guys) are here for you whatever you need

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics