Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

futuremclaughlin2014
Beginner June 2014

Any other brides wearing Ronald Joyce - Patience? Help with accessories please :)

futuremclaughlin2014, 13 of February of 2013 at 15:18 Posted on Planning 0 42

I have ordered the above dress and love it beyond words. I just wondered if anyone else has the same and what accessories you plan to wear and if you have bought your shoes yet?

I've been looking at shoes but can't decide whether to take the sparkle or lace element from the dress to get shoes to match as I can't find many which have both.

xxx

42 replies

Latest activity by B2Bcannotwait, 23 of July of 2014 at 16:49
  • JenniferRFC
    Beginner August 2013
    JenniferRFC ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm wearing this dress but I haven't actually bought any accessories yet so I'm not much help really...I've been looking mainly for lace shoes though as I think that will go best but there are so many to choose from!! I'll probably go for fairly subtle jewellery as the dress is stunning as it is.

The bridal shop phoned me yesterday to say my dress had arrived so I'm going to try it on this Saturday. Can't wait! It's been almost 6 months since I ordered it. I'll probably have a better idea of what will go with it once I've actually wore it again Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    B2Bcannotwait ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I am wearing this dress too! I just wondered if you had managed to find some shoes and if so what did you go for?

• JenniferRFC
    Beginner August 2013
    JenniferRFC ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I went for these in the end from BHS. They are so comfortable and I can't believe I got them for only £35 quid! I was toying with the idea of a heeled sandal for a while but decided comfort wins.

• amihohu
    Beginner September 2013
    amihohu ·
    • Hide content

Another Ronald Joyce bride here, but the Dominique dress Smiley smile I did also go for BHS shoes, in fact, the same style but the satin ones since my dress is satin. I did love the lace ones... but there isn't a single bit of lace on my dress.... may still be tempted to order them as 'back up' shoes though!

• futuremclaughlin2014
    Beginner June 2014
    futuremclaughlin2014 ·
    • Hide content

Those shoes are lovely!

I haven't got mine yet as still a while to go but looking at some with lace and maybe a bit of sparkle as the dress has both.

Going to go simple with the jewellery maybe with a bit of sparkle and pearls.

xx

• L
    Beginner August 2013
    laid back bride to be ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jennifer, just joined this site and was looking for other people who had my Ronald Joyce patience dress. I couldn't believe it when I saw your shoes, as I have the exact same ones!!! How strange! x

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    B2Bcannotwait ·
    • Hide content

I ended up buying some Benjamin Adams shoes, called Yasmin. Just thought I would ask, are you girls wearing a veil? tiara? too with your dress?? I have purchased both a veil and a tiara as it is a church wedding I wanted the veil, but now I am having bride's panic I think! Would be nice to hear what everyone else is wearing with our beautiful dress! :-)

• futuremclaughlin2014
    Beginner June 2014
    futuremclaughlin2014 ·
    • Hide content

My wedding isn't until next year so I haven't got accessories yet but I will definitely be having both a hairpiece or tiara as well as a veil, mine is also a Church wedding and I think a veil will look beautiful! Look forward to seeing pictures of you in our gorgeous dress xx

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

So stunning!

I think both sparkle or lace or combined shoes would look perfect....sorry, not much help! My sister got some lace shoes for her wedding from Next at a reasonable price. You honestly barely see shoes so don't worry too much.

Old Married tip, if going for high shoes get a second, more comfortable pair for the evening if possible. I was so thankful for them on my wedding day! They were lower so obviously the dress didn't hang quite as well but not so anyone would notice, it was mostly dark too and by then I really didn't care, I was so relieved to have them!

I probably would go without a necklace. I think you could go for a lovely bracelet either in just sparkle or pearl and crystal/diamante and some classic earrings. How are you going to have your hair? Have you thought about hair accessories at all yet?

Take a little look at my website below for ideas. I'm a registered Hitched Supplier. Just shout if I can be of any help at all! My email address is

• S
    Beginner May 2013
    Spanishv ·
    • Hide content

Hi

i am new on here I too purchased this dress but haven't seen it for some time and having dress nerves has anyone got pictures of themselves in the dress that they are happy to share I didn't get a chance to take any and haven't got my fitting for another 4 weeks. Also I'm only 5ft 1 any other short brides gone for this dress?

Sorry for lots of questions.

Ps I bought bling shoes and a fingertip veil with lace and bling on scalloped edges to go with this and simple side leaf style tiara and small drop earrings by swarovski and one simple bangel. Haven't tried it all on together but hope its okay.

thanks x

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Remember that sparkly shoes may catch on a lace dress, so lace would be better. But if you can't resist try running a peice of material over them before you buy them.

• JenniferRFC
    Beginner August 2013
    JenniferRFC ·
    • Hide content

Wow I have a dress AND shoes twin! ?

Re the veil, I bought a very simple elbow length veil which is really sheer so it doesn't hide any of the back detail of the dress. Not sure what other accessories I'll go for yet, perhaps a sparkly comb as I'm thinking of having a large high bun type hairstyle. I've no pics of me in everything but I'm taking the shoes and veil along to my next fitting so I'll get pics of them all on together then.

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    B2Bcannotwait ·
    • Hide content

Hi Spanishv, I too have my fitting soon and I really want to see the dress again! I am 5ft 3, so I would say I am a short bride too! I have a fingertip veil with a small satin trim, and a tiara that isn't too high.

I think I will be wearing my diamond earrings that my parents bought me for my birthday years ago, so that I don't take to much attention from my dress and that I am wearing something 'old' too Smiley smile

• G
    Beginner August 2014
    gemma2014 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm new to this site and don't know if this is frowned upon (and sorry if it is) but does anyone mind letting me know how much they have paid for this dress? I have tried it on and think it is my dream dress but three suppliers in my local area all charge a different amount for it. I think I would be willing to travel a bit to get the dress for cheaper and was just wondering how much the dress differs in price in different areas.

Thanks x x x

• S
    Beginner May 2013
    Spanishv ·
    • Hide content

Glad I'm not the only short bride wearing this i started to panic that maybe the dress was too big for me but I am glad someone else is wearing it too x

• S
    Beginner May 2013
    Spanishv ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I think I paid £1100 for it but it was a while ago - I got mine in Luton and I live in London so it is a pain going back and forth for fittings so you should think about that when buying a dress further out as you may save money on the dress but more in travel costs and also the dress is very delicate and i need to have four fittings because of the material and the way they alter it so that will be more time travelling - Depends how tall you are i am short so need to go a few times. If you love the dress it's worth the money x x

• futuremclaughlin2014
    Beginner June 2014
    futuremclaughlin2014 ·
    • Hide content

I think mine was £1200 xx

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    blueypye ·
    • Hide content

Hello ladies,

I'm coming to join you as an RJ Patience fan! I spotted it a few months ago on the website whilst doing some preliminary research ahead of dress shopping and thought 'that's one I want to try on!'. Anyway, by chance it was in a bridal shop in Farnham at the weekend and I tried it on - OMG!!!! It felt amazing!!! I'm going back in a few weeks with my mum and sister and we are going to order it! I can't wait, it truly felt like the most amazing thing I have ever worn. I'm 5'10" and quite busty so was really pleased to see that I didn't need a bra as the internal corsetry is so good.

I think that for shoes I will go for a low heel - I'd like to find something in a colour other than ivory though. At least then there will be a small chance that I will wear them again.

When I was there I tried on a lovely two-layer veil which ended just above my bum (not sure what that length is officially called) and it whad pearl detail all around the edge. This gave it a really nice weight and made it hang beautifully. However, it was £165 so I think that I will be borrowing my sisters in the end.

With regard to price, I have now seen it in two shops and they are both different prices, one was £1190 and the other £1350.

For jewellery, I will probably wear some small pearl earings which were a gift from my sister, and might try to find a nice simple pearl bracelet that matches. I'm not going to wear a necklace as I'm not sure that it would sit to well with the high neckline of the dress.

I'm still unsure how to wear my hair though. It's very long and straight, and I ususally just wear it down, but I don't want to cover up the detail on the back of the dress. Has anyone got any suggestions?

• futuremclaughlin2014
    Beginner June 2014
    futuremclaughlin2014 ·
    • Hide content

Ah you'll be so happy with it. I love it so much!!

I would say hair up is better, not sure how to have mine yet but will definitely be up to show off all the detailing.

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_56308+2080625550

This is a link to my shoes but they're ivory. I've got sequinned pumps for the evening too! Xxx

• L
    Beginner August 2013
    laid back bride to be ·
    • Hide content

Here is a pic of me in my Dress......that is not my bouquet by the w
    ay lol x

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticBlueConfetti97 ·
    • Hide content

I am getting this dress.............eeeeekk!!

I know most of you are probably already married but what accessories did you go for?

I have no idea on how to wear my hair, what accersories to pop in my hair along with the rest of my body. lol

any help would be lovely. x

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    blueypye ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE the fact that more people are getting this dress. I ordered it back in June for my wedding this July, and I just can't wait!!! I know it going to look amazing on all of us!

I haven't thought too much about accessories yet, but I have bought myself a lovely little pair of Rachel Simpson 'Violet' shoes, and I'm going to wear my sisters mid-length veil to go with it. I will probably go with an unstructured up-do for my hair as it's very long and I don't want to hide the lovely back of the dress. And I'll probably stick to a pair of pearl earrings for jewellery - I'm not wearing a necklace or bracelet as I think the dress is already very detailed and I don't want to overdo it as I don't usually wear lots.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone is wearing/has worn x

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticBlueConfetti97 ·
    • Hide content

Yay some 2014 people are wearing it too Smiley laugh

My dress is coming abroad with me, as we are going away to get married ;-)

My dress was about 1000 as the shop had 10% off too

I am getting a veil with little diamonds in, two tiers, and finishes mid back i think.....

so shoes ladies?

jewelry and hair accessories?

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticBlueConfetti97 ·
    • Hide content

Im thinking maybe silver and pearl earing?

not sure on a bracelet though

i am going to wear my hair up i think as because liek you say the back of the dress is beautiful and i dont want the heat from abroad to make my hair limp.

anyone know how many sizes this dress can be taken in too? i think this dress is so flattering for all shapes and sizes too :-)

• L
    Beginner August 2013
    laid back bride to be ·
    • Hide content

Hi Guys...got married in this dress last August...here are a few pics x I had silver and diamante small circular earrings from Beaverbrooks..I was going to wear pearls but found them to plain as the dress is sparkly then pearly (if that makes sense?) I wore a beautiful tennis bracelet again the pearls were too plain. I wore shoes which were previously posted earlier from Debenhams with the ribbon laces. You can see how I wore my hair ( a loose up do) I had a vintage clip at the side. I lebt my veil which had some beautiful crystal drops on the rim of the veil and I wore this low to compliment the vintage feel. Feel free to give your opinions xx

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    blueypye ·
    • Hide content

Evening ladies!

I was just wondering if an any of you brides who have already worn your dress would be able to flash a picture of what it looks like when you ties up the back of the dress for the evening - or did you just leave the train as it is?

I'm finding it difficult to envisage how it could look.

Thank you x

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticBlueConfetti97 ·
    • Hide content

You look gorgeous hun!!

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticBlueConfetti97 ·
    • Hide content

I start my fittings at easter for this dress, want to loose a bit more weight before then though.

im not sure what to do about the back of the dress, but im sure i can ask the seamstress at easter.

i had a wobble about this week too, i hope i will still feel happy about it when i try it on next month, fingers crossed!

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Saz5678 ·
    • Hide content

I ordered this dress a week ago and I was sure on the day but now I'm having doubts. I'm only 5ft3 and I'm a size 16 and I liked it on me in the store but I'm now having second thoughts. Anyone else the same as me?

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticBlueConfetti97 ·
    • Hide content

What did people do in terms of their wedding underwear for this dress??

did you wear Bras etc?

Im getting married abroad so dont want anything i will get too hot in

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticBlueConfetti97 ·
    • Hide content

X

• H
    Beginner June 2013
    Hitched June 2013 ·
    • Hide content

I wore the Ronald Joyce patience dress last June 2013 and I loved it. Last year I was looking online for photos of other brides to see how they accessorised it and I couldn't find any pictures. So I am posting my pictures to help any other brides to be who have chosen this dress or are thinking about it. I kept my accessories minimal, it is such a statement dress and with the embellished illusion neckline you don't need much. I chose a sparkly vintage style hair clip, pearl and diamond drop earrings, pearl bracelet to match, cathedral length veil, soft bouquet of summer roses, I bought two pairs of shoes one for ceremony and a more comfortable pair to dance all night. My hair was inspired by photos I saw on Justin Alexanders wedding dress website.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics