Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner August 2015

Any other Jenny Packham brides???

Helen190, 18 of June of 2014 at 18:01 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi everyone

ive just ordered my Jenny Packham Esme dress for my wedding next year and the lady in the shop suggested a stick on bra which at the time I thought would be fine but now I'm having major anxiety about it and don't think it would last all day and night.

does anyone else have this dress or anything similar? If so do you have any underware tips????

thanks

helen

13 replies

Latest activity by Dilkara, 28 of June of 2014 at 16:08
  • Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

Hi Helen,

ive ordered the same dress. I've just been told mine is ready and waiting for me. I've got an appointment next week so will ask my bridal shop what they recommended.

Glad to see another JP bride! It's such a stunning dress.

• H
    Beginner August 2015
    Helen190 ·
    • Hide content

Aw ww lovely I'm so jealous - mine isn't going to come in until October :-(

ooh oh yes thanks if you could that would be great. I was wondering if you could have cups sewn in but not sure if it would ruin the dress?

thanks

helen

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

I'm pretty sure when I first tried the dress she mentioned about the cups being sewn in. To be honest, that would suit me better. I'm not very blessed in the chest department and don't want to be worrying about a stick on bra falling off!

• missmoore
    Beginner January 2012
    missmoore ·
    • Hide content

I'm an eden bride Smiley smile

I have worn a stick on bra before and did have to keep resticking it every couple of hours, and with dancing and probably nervous sweating you might have to do it more often!

Esme is a beautiful dress!

• EdenNI
    Beginner December 2014
    EdenNI ·
    • Hide content

Oh I loved Esme! Wasn't it the most pinned dress on Pinterest last year? Am sure I read that somewhere! I went for Eden in Platinum as I wanted something super light but Esme was my next favourite! I haven't got as far as thinking about underwear yet so can't help with that sorry! I have no doubt that your seamstress will be able to sort something though Smiley winking

• H
    Beginner August 2015
    Helen190 ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh ladies lovely - I loved Eden too, in fact I loved all the Jenny Packhams.

i had a baby 6 months ago so boobs arnt what they used to be :-) I'd much rather have something sewn in so I didn't need to be worrying about it all day.

when are all your weddings? Mine isn't until next August I'm just thinking way in advance :-)

hel

• missmoore
    Beginner January 2012
    missmoore ·
    • Hide content

I had a baby 3 months ago and breastfeeding at the moment so I imagine when I stop ill have major puppy dog ears which will need holding up somehow! (TMI?!), so I may also consider getting something sewn in also!

My weddings not till December next year so im already well ahead of myself, got my veil, shoes, dress, etc amongst other things!

Desperate for the santorini feather wrap but don't know if I cant justify £565 for a few hours wear?!

• H
    Beginner August 2015
    Helen190 ·
    • Hide content

Ha no of course not I totally get you, I'm hoping my fitting wont be until June next year as the size they have ordered me fits everywhere apart from me wasit - need to lose 1.5 inches - its all baby weight but I'm on a major diet now!

oh no Id deffo get it, your having a Dec wedding its a perfect excuse :-) Ive ordered a JP headpiece and belt too :-)

I had always thought I wouldn't want a vail but they put a long one on me when I tried the dress on and I loved it so going to decide when I have my first fitting, it made me feel like a real bride :-)

• missmoore
    Beginner January 2012
    missmoore ·
    • Hide content

Yep - totally agree! I have a cathedral lenth veil and the acacia I headpiece! Just wondering the the feathers will be too OTT with everything that's going on?!

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

I've ordered the belt to go with Esme and will soon order a very thin, sparkly rope headpiece. I'm not going to have a veil, I tried one and just felt uncomfortable.
    December 2014 wedding for me, am hoping the beading of the dress will be set off beautifully by the log fires and candlelight.

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

Duplicate

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

Ladies,

Today I tried on my Esme and posed the underwear question.

It isn't really an option to sew cups in. The dress hangs beautifully on the front and I think sewn in cups would look too stiff and change the way it hangs.

So, my dress lady recommended an all in one low-back body by Ultimo

At the back this Ultimo body just rises about an inch above the dress, as the Esme is quite low cut. To get round this she suggested using some spare lining fabric and adding it to the dress to cover the "body". However, I don't really want to tamper with the dress as it just fitted beautifully.

So, the other option was a stick on bra. I might go for something like this from John Lewis. I'll probably only wear it during the day, as soon as I hit the dance floor I'll whip it off. It'll be dark and I'm quite small chested so shouldn't look too inappropriate!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Meeeeeeee. I have "Daphne"

My dress arrived today! I've been desperately trying to resist the urge to prance around the house in it. So far so good! I'd not really even considered underwear as yet, so the suggestions above are helpful. Mines a bit of a tricky shape- low front and no back so i'd best start investigating.

• Dilkara
    Beginner April 2015
    Dilkara ·
    • Hide content

I've got hydrangea, it's not on the site anymore as they can't get the fabric to make it now apparently, it's got a low back too, the ultimo thing looks interesting but since it's like a chiffon I wonder if it will ruche?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics