Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner July 2016

Any reputable online wedding dress sites out there?!

HappyBrownConfetti523, 9 of March of 2016 at 01:56 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi

ive found a photo of a dress that looks perfect for my rustic type ceremony in Spain this summer but the website has horrendous reviews and warnings not to touch as do a few others with the dress advertised. Help! Can anyone advise? It's pretty low budget and I'm looking to keep it that way but I really want this one dress.

Thanks foray tips/warnings and advice from your experience x

3 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGoldConfetti522, 20 of March of 2016 at 03:22
  • S
    Beginner August 2018
    SoontobeMrsS ·
    • Hide content

What is your budget? The way I see it you have a few options.

EBay: Choose a user with a high rating. Plenty low cost wedding dresses

High street: BHS have dresses for under £200

Second hand: Wedding Facebook groups, preloved, oxfam etc. If you keep your eyes peeled you may find something.

Chinese website: Little more risky as they can take ages to come (and watch out for customs tax!) but I've heard people have has great experience with Light in the Box etc.

Chinese with English go-between: There are some sites/people that order from China on your behalf so you have someone in the UK to hold accountable if it all goes t*ts up. I don't know of any personally, but know of people who have used them.

Above all I'd recommend going to some dress shops and trying dresses on to see what suits, as they all look nice in the photos but you might change your mind completely about what you want! I'd also get some quotes for dress alterations in your local dry cleaners. Mine has a fab seamstress and she isn't expensive. Loads of the online companies are 'made to measure' but I'd personally feel more comfortable getting something slightly bigger and getting it properly fitted. I think good fit can be the difference between something looking 'cheap' or looking fabulous whilst being light on the wallet.

HTH x

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

You can also buy second hand dresses from eBay - I bought my Maggie Sottero dress for £600 instead of £1000+

That way there is no risk of getting a dodgy copy of a designer dress x

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

Do you have a photo of the dress, a lot of sites use photos from legit designers so if you can find the actual dress maker you could look for samples or second hand dresses

some websites are confusing, example lightinthebox.com do use their own designs and ive read some great reviews on their bridal stuff however the website as a whole also sells other clothes from other companies (in the non wedding sections) that are non legit and have very bad reviews

• R
    Beginner May 2017
    RomanticGoldConfetti522 ·
    • Hide content

Jasmine bridal looks awesome.

im considering using them once i figure out what i want.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics