Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pammy67
Beginner April 2015

Any Stella fans? yes this is WP related

pammy67, 3 of April of 2014 at 09:13 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hi chapesses and chaps

Just wondered if there were any other Stella fans on here and if so did you see the final episode of Series 3 when Luke and Zoe got married? Auntie Brenda and Dai Davies sang the most gorgeous song in Welsh for them to walk in to. Some of you might remember our wedding will be in Wales. I would love to find out what this song is and see if I can get hold of a version. Would love the Stella version if we could Smiley smile

Bit of a hopeful ask this one - but you never know. Fingers crossed someone recognised it.

16 replies

Latest activity by pammy67, 9 of April of 2014 at 21:41
  • Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

If you can find me a youtube link I'll probably be able to identify the song for you.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh thanks. I'll try but might have to wait until i get home. Work PCs don't allow You Tube :/

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely loved this series :-) The song was beautiful and no doubt Knees will find it.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

We've loved Stella from Day One. Weren't too sure when this series started though but I think it's found it's way again. The song was just stunning (in a welsh accent) But I'm struggling to find it on You Tube or anywhere Smiley sad. It'll be on catch up soon so if there's anyway I can capture it form that please do let me know.

Knee's - if you're able to view on Sky Catch up - it's prob about 10 minutes form the end of the prog,

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

We have loved them all too! Absolutely cracked up at the "behind the scenes" programme that was on! Bl00dy hilarious. Love it!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

together. Only saw it was on at the end of the last one so have to try and find it on Catch up Smiley smile

We missed that as we record almost everything we watch due to OH's shifts and we like to watch

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I've got the Sky Go app on the ipad but haven't set up all the fancy bits on the actual TV. Presumably I can get it from there? Let me know when it's up and I'll have a look.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Cheers Smiley smile Will do Smiley smile

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Just to let you know that I think we've found it. It seems it's Bugeilio'r Gwenith Gwyn an old Welsh love song Smiley smile

Just got to wait until I get home later and play the two side by side just to check but it sounds right. There's a gorgeous version but sadly in English with Tom Jones and a Welsh Male choir. There's also a rather crackly old version by Mary Hopkin.

• sarah1976
    Savvy September 2016
    sarah1976 ·
    • Hide content

I've just looked on the Stella facebook page and you're right, it is Bugeilio'r gwenith gwyn.. aka Watching the wheat..

It's a lovely song.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We absolutely love it and it's perfect - as long as we can get the right version. But knowing the title is the first step. There's quite a few versions on iTunes so looking good Smiley smile

x

• sarah1976
    Savvy September 2016
    sarah1976 ·
    • Hide content

Did you manage to find the version you want?

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Ah yes, lovely song. I used to sing it in my school choir!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I think we've found a version we like - there's a couple actually. It's the simple quality we want. Cerys Matthews does a version but it's not right which is a shame as we love her. Had her sining the Welsh version of Myfanwy at my mum's funeral. Was beautiful::

this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDRHXplCJtY

There's a couple more on iTunes - one by someone called Rachel which is quite nice. If anyone knows of any others, please do let me know Smiley smile

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I don't know any other versions but do remember lying on the sofa with OH saying what a good job Aunty Brenda and Dai did - I didn't expect those voices at all! It's one of our favourite programmes, we're just waiting for the Christmas special now!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Trish - we were stunned too. Would LOVE to get that version.. We 're looking forward to the special and the next series too Smiley smile

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Have gone for this version (track 6):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soprano-Iona-Jones/dp/B0045MQZH6/ref=sr_1_2?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1397075973&sr=1-2&keywords=iona+jones

Won't have it all but prob the first minute or 90 seconds. Or if we have music played by my son to walk in to I think we'll have this while we sign the register. Think it will be nice for that. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics