Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MissBee
Beginner

Any Surrey brides?

MissBee, 24 April, 2010 at 11:20 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi, I'm new to this, just wondered if there is any other Surrey brides here?

We are looking at our first venues over bank holiday weekend (planning to get married September 2011), I'm so excited!

9 replies

Latest activity by Lizzieloumoose, 25 April, 2010 at 09:11
  • Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

Hi

What venues are you viewing? I'm from Essex originally & moving back there shorlty. But have been living in Surbiton for a few years now. Good luck on your planning & welcome to Hitched!

Katie

• Tanya77
    Beginner August 2011
    Tanya77 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there and welcome!

I am a Surrey bride - getting married at Oaks Farm in Shirley (Croydon) on August 5th 2011! x

• C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

Me! I'm from Woking area and getting married at Savill Court on 26 March 2011. 1st venue we looked at so I dont know what many others are like! x

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Not a Surrey bride, but another Surrey HIB....welcome to Hitched! ?

• aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content

Hey! welcome to hitched!

i'm a Surrey bride! getting married in Kew Gardens. i know there are a lot of lovely places in the area - if you want an old stately house type place, look on the national trust website (Ham House, Osterley), Syon Park is lovely too! let us know how your venue hunt goes - i liked loads of places online but only saw one venue, loved it, booked it! xx

• Debbie Bone Cakes - Surrey
    Beginner December 2008
    Debbie Bone Cakes - Surrey ·
    • Hide content

We're another of the HIB's (Hitchers in business), welcome to the forum.

Most of the Surrey venues are great, it would be really hard to think of one with a bad reputation, but all of the above named ones are fantastic.

Our particaular favourites are Great Fosters (Egham), Coltsford Mill (Oxted), Woodlands Park (Stoke D'Abernon) and Savill Court (Grayshott), but many more are outstanding, and the list would go on for a while....

Good luck in finding the perfect venue !?

• MissBee
    Beginner
    MissBee ·
    • Hide content

Wow there are lots of us!

I'm from Farnham so looking around a few places in Bentley, Guildford, Hook etc. We're planning to look at Great Fosters and Savill Court as they both look lovely on their websites, good to know they have a good reputation!

Will let you know how we get on, it's the first proper bit of wedding planning so very excited!

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, i am from Surrey - were getting married at Horsley Towers in Guilford - its definantly worth a look - we only saw 2 venues Horsley and Great Fosters and we picked Horsley.

Dress shops - i have been to literally ALL of the dress shops Surrey has to offer so if you need any recomendations there i would be happy to help.

Have fun planning

• Lizzieloumoose
    Beginner August 2010
    Lizzieloumoose ·
    • Hide content

Hi MissBee. I'm a Surrey bride but booked a venue in Hampshire (don't ask how that happened - Just fell in love with it) Congratulation on your engagement! Just seen you're from Farnham and looking near Hook. I'm getting married at the Elvetham.

Katie V - I work in Surbiton. Small world isn't it? ?

Tanya77 - I've been to a wedding at Oaks Farm. Unfortunately only the evening, but it's a lovely building.

ooo so lovely to hear from local ladies. Dunno why, just is... ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics