Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2015

any very cheap wedding ceremony venues??

mummylislis, 16 of November of 2013 at 09:47 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi,

I live in Derby, getting married August 2015 and wanting to know whether anyone knows of cheap wedding ceremony venues that cost the same as a registry office? So approx £200.

I'm wanting to have 4 bridesmaids and 2 flower girls but I'm not sure whether that will look strange if it was a registry office wedding?

Any advice would be great.

Thank you

4 replies

Latest activity by mummylislis, 16 of November of 2013 at 14:47
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry can't help with venue ideas in your area but you would also need to factor in registrar fees which are higher to attend a licensed venue rather than at the registry office.

• donnyette
    Beginner December 2016
    donnyette ·
    • Hide content

I think your best bet for that price range is going to be a village hall or social club for a reception. But then add on money for catering and decoration too. Sometimesnit works out cheaper for a package at a venue.

Our package is £2014 for a civial ceremoney, 3 course wedding breakfast, evening buffet and dj and bridal suite. For 60 people which I think is great.

Although I do agree about registrar fees. To get married in our local registry office will cost £130 but to have them come to our venue is costing £385!!!!!!! Dunno how they justify it really.

Also look at the time of year you are looking at getting married. Prices can reduce drastically in out of season. Another reason we have opted for a winter wedding. Good luck x x

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

As the other replies have mentioned, it is very difficult to get married cheaper than a register office because you still have to pay registrar fees and they are often higher off site. To get married very cheaply you are best off holding the ceremony at the register office and then finding a cheap/free function room for the reception - pubs often have free rooms.

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    mummylislis ·
    • Hide content

That's great, thank you for your advice. Registry office seems the best way to do it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics