Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2014

Anybody Buy Their Veil via The Wedding Veil Shop .co.uk?

CristaMB, 15 of July of 2014 at 19:38 Posted on Planning 0 4

Helloo,

Can anyone help?

I was supposed to have bought a veil weeks ago (it's necessary) but the only veils I like the look of are silk types that just fall and don't stick out, but I really can't justify spending that much on a veil.

I've never actually touched a veil (except for some crap I 'won' on ebay China for £5 - went straight in the bin), I have no way or time to make appointments to visit shops, so I've been looking at TheWeddingVeilShop.co.uk and other websites.

I don't know if it's just the way they veils are positioned on the model's head but they look really stiff as they look like they stick out. Does anyone know, are they alright? /actually quite soft or is this a real depiction?

4 replies

Latest activity by corr1ne, 16 of July of 2014 at 17:58
  • C
    Beginner October 2014
    corr1ne ·
    • Hide content

I've had my veil from Wedding Veils Direct and I am very happy with it. I've just had a look at The Wedding Veil Shop and I think your concerns are probably related to how they are positioning them in the pictures. The first page I went to were all positioned in 1980's style front of head and look very puffy and stiff. The width and the gather will both affect how they look well as where you position them and whether you go for a single or a double layer. A tulle veil won't be soft like silk but as long as it's constructed right it shouldn't look stiff. (Steer clear of wired wavy edge as this adds stiffness to the edges).

It would be worth visiting a bridal shop to look at accessories, decide what kind of veil you want and then order it online. The one I have bought is identical to one I tried on but was £75 cheaper.

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

I've ordered mine from there and expecting it to be delivered any day soon! I tried to use wedding veils direct but couldn't use their website, I couldn't seem to select the options I wanted but when I did, I then couldn't enter my delivery address.

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    CristaMB ·
    • Hide content

Aha. I'll stay away from wavy edges then, thanks!

I was thinking of having just one single layer/tier to keep the bulk down. This might sound like a stupid question, but they say if you have 1 layer then it has to be 'fully gathered' - which sounds like it would look bulky? Only 2 tiers are centered gathered apparently.

If I want a waist length veil that stays in the middle of my back...do you know how many layers and what width should I have?

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

Something a bit like this?

That's from an image search for 1 tier fingertip length veils - to keep it down the middle of your back only, I imagine you want the narrowest veil you can find.

I'm not going to be much more help really, I've gone for a fairly wide 2 tier chapel length!

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    corr1ne ·
    • Hide content

If you're looking for the veil to stay down the centre of your back, a single tier full gather positioned low on your head should do the trick. A full gather single tier is likely to be narrower and so less bulky. The centre gather would leave loose bits on either side of the comb which would look a little unusual so that's why it isn't routinely done. I would think that the longer it is, the straighter it will fall because of the weight so you might want to consider longer if your dress would look ok with this. Find a picture on google of what you are thinking of and post it here so we can see what you are hoping for. It might help us advise you better.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics